Top 3 Fragrances for Summer 2014

Monday, July 14, 2014



To tell you the truth, I'm a perfectionist - I almost never like the photos I take for my blog. But even I have to admit these came out really pretty and I absolutely love them! I am a little bit proud actually. Bit of a tangent, but I had to share, since I often complain on Twitter how much I dislike my photos. To get back on track, I thought I'd share my favourite summer fragrances of 2014. I have three picks here, two of them are additions from this year, while the third is an old favourite. All of these are absolutely perfect summer picks and I love them all to bits.

Starting off with my oldest favourite, we have Jennifer Lopez Deseo EDP. I've noticed I'm quite partial to a celebrity fragrance (or 27), some of them are real gems, and I do love a nice fruity floral mix. However, many can be a bit generic - though that is definitely not the case with Deseo. I actually blind ordered this because it was so inexpensive, and I had no idea what to expect ... As soon as I opened it, I fell in love. Deseo is quite different from the sweet, floral and fruity fragrances I like in general, it's woodier and has more citruses. Sandalwood is a very prominent note here as well as citrus and bamboo. I also smell orange blossoms or neroli, not sure. The overall effect is quite strong, but so lovely and soft. It's probably one of my all time favourite fragrances, and my favourite celebrity fragrance of all time. I really can't tell you enough good things about it, because it's just gorgeous! I always take it with me on holiday. Also, the bottle which resembles an uncut diamond is just beautiful. And the best part is the price, because the 50 ml bottle only costs around 15€ on Fragrance Direct, where I bought it a couple of years ago. You can also find it on Salma.

Then we have Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Capri Eau Fraiche, which I won't go into too much detail about, since I just reviewed it here. I have been wearing it almost every day since I got it, and it's a beautiful summery fragrance with notes of mandarin orange, vanilla, amber and jasmine. Just perfect for summer and a beach holiday, though I still want the original Bronze Goddess. This one may be a bit hard to find, but I got it in Müller on sale (100 ml for 50€) only a few weeks ago.

Finally we have my last pick, Britney Spears Island Fantasy EDT. I wrote a full review of it here. If you know Britney's Fantasy line, you're aware that all of the fragrances are very, very sweet. However, I feel like she steered clear of that with this one and went more in the direction of Believe, one of her other perfumes. If you like Armani's Acqua di Gioia (one of my all-time favourites, but I unfortunately used it all up), you would definitely like this. They both smell like watermelon to me, but Island Fantasy has some other notes, like citruses, sugar, berries and jasmine, which make it stand out. It's a very fresh and cooling scent to me. I'd love to wear it on the beach and on hot summer days (of which we haven't had many, since it's been raining almost non stop). This is another very inexpensive fragrance, it costs around 25€ for 100 ml! Find it on Fragrance Direct or Salma.

In the summer I generally really like citruses, juicy fruit (berries, watermelon) and not too overwhelming florals. I'm a big fan of white florals like gardenia and tuberose, but they're just too heavy when it's blistering hot. I prefer jasmine, neroli or orange blossom in the heat. I think I've rounded up a good selection - all of this scents are perfect for summer, but very different. If none of these tickle your fancy, I'd recommend checking out Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh (very gentle, floral fruity, inoffensive, likeable), DKNY Pure (check out Tamara's review) or the peachy goodness that is Gianfranco Ferre In The Mood For Love Pure - this one is so overlooked, but gorgeous.

What is your favourite summer scent?

Danes so mi pa moje slike celo všeč, niso lepe? Z vami bi rada delila tri vonje za letošnje poletje, upam, da vam bodo tako všeč, kot so meni.

Začnimo z Jennifer Lopez Deseo EDP. Toplo, toplo priporočam, parfum je neverjetno ugoden, stane med 14 in 36€ na Salmi. Sama sem ga naročila kar na slepo, a me ni niti malo razočaral ... Je drugačen od ostalih sladkih, cvetlično-sadnih vonjev. Ima več citrusov in lesnih not. Sandalovina je precej opazna, pa tudi bambus in citrusi, vonjam pa tudi note nerolija oziroma pomarančnih cvetov. Vonj je precej močen, a vseeno mehak in nežen. Moj najljubši 'celeb scent' vseh časov in resnično vreden nakupa, čudovita je tudi steklenička v obliki diamanta. Vedno ga vzamem s seboj na morje, saj je popoln vonj za poletne dneve, preživete na plaži.

Potem pa Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Capri Eau Fraiche. Uf, dolgo ime! Ne bom preveč naklada, saj sem ga ravnokar ocenila. Nosim ga skoraj vsak dan, ima pa čudovite note pomaranče, vanilije, jantarja in jasmina. Popoln za počitnice na plaži, bi pa še vedno imela originalno Bronze Goddess ...

Za konec pa še zadnji vonj, Britney Spears Island Fantasy EDT. Objavila sem že oceno, sicer pa vse gotovo veste, da je Fantasy linija zelo sladka. Mislim, da je s tem vonjem zašla v malo druge vode, morda bolj v smer Believe. Mene vonj rahlo spominja na Armanijevo Acqua di Gioia, ki je eden izmed mojih najljubših. Oba mi dišita po lubenici, Island Fantasy pa ima tudi note citrusov, jagod, sladkorja in jasmina, ki ga naredijo posebnega. Meni se zdi zelo svež in skoraj hladilen, zelo prijeten za poletje. Na Salmi ga dobite za borih 24€, tam sem ga kupila tudi sama.

Poleti imam rada citruse, sveže sadeže in ne preveč težke cvrtlice, na primer cvet pomarančevca, neroli in jasmin. Mislim, da je tale izbor prav super, saj so vonji med seboj precej različni, a vsi primerni za poletje. Kateri pa je vaš najljubši poletni vonj?

Share your opinion:

  1. Se strinjam, tele slike so ti pa lepo uspele :) Pa še gladiole so moje najljubše rože, celo leto čakam samo na njih.

    Krasna izbira :) Pri meni pa ne mine poletje brez Escade - imam rada te cocktail vonje.

    Oh, če bi bila res blistering heat! Se mi zdi da samo dež pada all the damn time. Še dobro da sem šla na morje za en dan točno tisti teden ko je bilo še najlepše vreme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Mateja! :) Res so čudovite. Escada je super, ampak bolj mamina domena, ima ogromno njihovih parfumov ... Čisto nora je nanje. Ja, letošnje poletje res ni nekaj. Upam, da bo avgusta lepo, ker grem na morje! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Estée Lauder bronze goddess capri!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears and I really loved it! But you're right, it is sweet!

    MsBubu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I need to give it another sniff, but I'm not sure I love it ...

      Delete
  4. Parfumi od Britney so res zelo sladki, zato mi ta Island Fantasy ni tako všeč, ker imam raje sladke in po navadi tudi poleti ne odstopam od njih:). Je pa res, da večkrat uporabim manj močne in tudi bolj veže vonje. Moj najljubši parfum za poletje je Far Away Exotic od Avona:) - orientalska mošusna dišava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uf sliši se super! :) Jaz imam rada raznolike parfume, se mi pa zdi, da ima Britney ene boljših od teh celebrity vonjev. Skoraj vsi so mi všeč, pa še Believe, ki mi ni, se mi zdi fajn, ker je res unikaten. Far Away Exotic pa moram nujno povohat ...

      Delete
  5. Super slike, kot iz kakšne revije :)
    Moj najljubši parfum za poletje je Estee Lauren Bronze Goddess. Super se mi zdi tudi od Lanvin - Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Katja! Ja, Lanvin parfumi so tudi meni všeč ... Rada bi povohala še Marry Me! :)

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog through Rebecca's, and I absolutely love it! It's really lovely :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have every right to brag on your photos girl - they're lovely! I definitely need to go hunt down Deseo now...no harm in channeling my inner JLO every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! Do try Deseo please, such a lovely perfume ...

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!