Yves Rocher Sebo Specific (for oily skin) skincare review

Saturday, January 5, 2013


Today I wanted to introduce you to one of my favourite finds from Yves Rocher, the Sebo Specific line. I really wanted something that would combat my oily skin as well as better my blemishes and the red marks left behind by them. And I found exactly what I was looking for in this line, so I would strongly recommend it to anyone with combination to oily skin! And now let's get on with the reviews... :)

Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream - Let's begin with the foaming cream, which is also a scrub as it has tiny particles in it which exfoliate your skin. I was quite surprised to see those, as this isn't advertised as an exfoliator, but they're definitely there! A really nice product, but I would only recommend using this 2-3 times per week, as it is quite harsh on the skin.

Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - This cleanser, on the other hand, would be perfect for daily use as it's quite a bit more gentle than the foaming cream. It's also not as thick, it's actually quite runny. You just put a little bit on a cotton pad and exfoliate your face, then rinse it with water.

2 in 1 Cleanser + Anti - Imperfections Lotion - The labels on these products are actually a bit misleading, as this is actually a toner! I learned this the hard way - seeing the label with lotion written on it, I turned the bottle upside down to get some product out, and of course, the toner splashed everywhere... :D Other than that, it's a very nice toner, though I would prefer for it to be a bit more runny (it is watery, but has almost a gel consistency... I can't explain it very well!)

Anti - Imperfections Moisturizer - Now this is my absolute favourite product out of the bunch, I absolutely love this moisturizer! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to combat their blemishes and the marks left behind by them, not only to people with oily skin. It has a lovely scent, similar to the rest of the products in this line, and the consistency is really nice as well, something between a gel and a cream formula. The color is green. It feels amazing on the skin and is absorbed very quickly. And I find that it really does combat the marks left by my blemishes! Also, one of my co-workers here at Yves Rocher says that this is the only moisturizer than doesn't aggravate her skin and she also loves it. So definitely get this if you're planning to try out something from this line. I use this at night, by the way, but it can be used any time of the day.

Ultra Matte Moisturizer - The second moisturizer from the Sebo Specific line, which is supposed to be used in the morning, as it has anti-shine effects. It's more of a creamy consistency and it doesn't sink into your skin as fast as the Anti - Imperfections Moisturizer. It's not one of my favourites, but I have noticed that my skin gets oily slower than usual, which is a definite bonus for me... But I would recommend this more for combination skin (that gets oily in some places), as it will dry out the oily areas without damaging your dry skin, but instead, moisturizing it really thourughly. I just find that it's sometimes a bit too rich for me!

2 in 1 Lotion Purifying - Mattifying - Again, a bit of a misleading label, as this is actually a toner. I really, really like this product, it's my second favourite in this line. I really like to use it in the morning in combination with the moisturizer, as it really keeps my oilyness at bay. Would definitely recommend to those of you who have problems with your skin being oily/shiny!

As most of you know, I actually work at Yves Rocher, which is why I wanted to say a few other things. I bought all of the products from them that I show you with my own money, and I tell you about them because I genuinely really like them. I hope you know that my honesty is always present in these posts, and I would never mislead you. That being said, I really believe these are some amazing products and definitely the best for oily skin that I've tried so far. :)

Share your opinion:

  1. super review! js mam Ultra Matte Moisturizer, pa se sama ne morem odločt al mi je kul al ne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mja, definitivno se ne more primerjat s tadrugo kremco. Ti pa priporočam še kej iz te linije, ker je res dobra! :)

      Delete
  2. This line sounds fab, I will definitely have too look into it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Res super, da delaš pri Yves Rocher, a to v City Parku? Te pridem kdaj pogledat :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this brand, I'll have to check it out too! I have oily skin and occasional break outs and I have a hard time finding stuff that works. I like your honest review!

    spiritofadream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!