Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Capri Eau Fraiche

Monday, July 7, 2014



Bronze Goddess is a scent I've been obsessing over for a few years now. I've been told we wouldn't be receiving the newest 2014 version in stores in Slovenia, and after unsuccessfully trying to scout it online, I pretty much gave up. Fortunately, I was browsing one of the local drugstores and spotted last year's edition - on sale! I got the Bronze Goddess Capri Eau Fraiche in the big bottle with 100 ml for around 50€ (it's still loads to spend on a perfume, but y'know sorry not sorry). As soon as I sprayed it, I remembered how much I loved this particular scent when I smelled it in store last year. I loved it even more than the 2013 version of Bronze Goddess!

I know you're all sick of hearing this, but it really is summer in a bottle. The opening is heavy, but full of the freshness of citrus fruits. Then, some white florals unfold, but not the usual gardenia and tuberose, but instead lilly of the valley, peonies and jasmine. And finally, we have the ending, a beautiful, heavy, but soft mix of vanilla, musk and amber. To say it simply, it smells like the beach - sand, sun tan lotion, the sea and eating fresh fruit, then washing your hands in the water. It's just divine. I also love the heaviness which somehow isn't overwhelming, but very soft and heady. I love it. Eau Fraiche is the perfect description.

Unfortunately, I cannot compare this fragrance to this year's Bronze Goddess, because I haven't smelled it yet. According to the interwebs, the main difference is that the new BG has notes of coconut milk, sandalwood and tiare flower. So if you know me ... you know that's basically what my dreams are made of. So my quest for Bronze Goddess might still be ongoing, but until then, I'm more than happy to spritz this beauty. I got this one in Müller for the price mentioned above (hurry while stocks last & it's still on sale).

What is your favourite summer scent?

Share your opinion:

  1. Aaa, si ga končno dobila :) Awesome :) Pri nas v NM še kar nekaj flašk od prejšnjih let, mogoče si ga tudi jaz končno privoščim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaa, čeprav še vedno hočem ta drugega, joj grozna sem. :) Upam da ga tudi ti dobiš!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! The way you described it sounds amazing. It sounds like a scent I'd love x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, it's amazing! Give it a sniff if you manage to find it somewhere :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Capri, Italija.... sem si letoa ful želela it.

    Drugače pa moji naj naj so za poleti Escadini, noro sladkih, D&G Light blue in The one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Js bi tudi šla! Escado moja mami nosi, bi ji kej ukradla, ampak jih tako skriva. :P Light Blue je itak zakon (čeprav ga nisem nikoli imela, je drag), The One mi je pa bolj jesenski ... Všeč mi je tvoj okus za parfume :)

      Delete
  4. Even if i didn't smelled on it I want to have it, because it sounds so perfect and so many people like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the original Bronze Goddess, this seems gorgeous too!

    Lovely blog. x

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I am definitely Obsessed with summery scents especially ones that smell of coconuts and vanilla (my current candles craving scent)
    The bottle is gorgeous, loving the colours, your photos are so professionally taken - love it!!

    I'm new to blogging, I hope you can also check out my blog and if it is something right up your alley, feel free to follow me :)

    Http://www.mycurvesandlashes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, agreed Shanna! And thank you so much for the compliments! <3

      Delete
  7. Od kar sem od tebe izvedela, da letos ne bo pri nas novega Bronze Goddess se z mojim bolj pazljivo špricam, da ga bom imela še za naslednje poletje, če ga še slučajno tudi drugo leto ne bo pri nas. Tale Capri tudi meni lepo diši ampak ta, ki vsebuje kokos je za moje pojme boljši. Ima pa tale tako lepo stekleničko, da bi dala kr slamco notr in bi vse spila ven :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj ne delaj mi lušt :D Jaz ga še vedno iščem povsod, in ga niti po netu ne morem dobit. Prav moram it čez mejo, mi je žal, da nisem rekla staršem, ko bosta na letališču v Dubaju, da bi mi ga vzela ...

      Delete
  8. Kaj pa, če ga še imajo slučajno v kakšnem Mullerju od lani? Ker tale Capri je že tud nekaj let star, če se ne motim. Vem, da sem ga že dve leti nazaj gledala na poličkah. Vglavnem, držim pesti, da ga dobiš :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!