Berry Lemonade

Monday, July 21, 2014



Hello loves! If you have not been keeping up on Facebook, let me explain this quickly - the rest of July and August will be themed on Nothin' Fancy. Really. For a clearer explanation and updates, make sure to like my Facebook page. Anyway, this first week will have 7 posts on cooking, all tried and true recipes. We'll even have a special guest on Thursday, I'm sure you can guess who! 

Here we go, the first recipe. Last week, I saw a recipe that immediately caught my attention. It was a frozen lemonade, and it just sounded too good not to make! The original recipe can be found here, but today I have a different version.

Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar
3 glasses water
1 cup ice
1 cup berries
5 lemons

Instructions

Halve the lemons and juice them. If you are using frozen berries, you might have to thaw them. I do, because my blender is not strong enough. Put the juice of the lemons in your blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until you cannot hear the ice crunching anymore (around 20 seconds).

This made the amount you see on the photo - a pitcher and another glass. I'd say it's enough for 3 big glasses and 4-5 small ones. It's a really refreshing and delicious drink and I know I'll be making it a lot. Let me know if you try it!

What is your favourite summer drink?


Share your opinion:

  1. Water infusions are my favorite thing to drink during the summer! I need to try this recipe, I don't really like lemonade but this one sounds and looks delicious!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The lemon just gives a hint of citrus, not too overwhelming :)

      Delete
  2. Super ideja, moram preizkusit :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple summer cold drinks! My fav is Ice Tea
    xx

    www.nadianawal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so nice! x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Se mi zdi super ideja ampak mi je sladkor v napitkih čisto nepotreben ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala, sladkor pa seveda lahko izpustiš. Jaz ga skoraj nikoli ne dam, tukaj pa mi paše. :)

      Delete
  6. This looks so fresh and tasty! Thanks for the recipe :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks super yummy and refreshing, I love all that fruity texture <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!