Cinnamon Rolls

Thursday, July 24, 2014




Oh, is it Thursday? What a coincidence, since we have Tilen posting today! So happy he's back. So, a week or so ago Tilen whipped up these absolutely delicious cinnamon rolls, and after the response on my Instagram he agreed to do a post on them. Let's see what he has to say ...

Hey guys! So today I'll be showing you how to make these awesome cinnamon rolls. I really liked them as a child and suddenly got a craving in the middle of the night, so I decided to make some. This was my first attempt, so I didn't really know if they were going to turn out good, but I think they came out great. Here is the recipe I used ...

Ingredients

200 g butter
500 ml milk
a packet of yeast
a pinch of salt
250 g sugar
1200 g regular white flour
cinnamon
1 egg

Instructions

Heat up 100 g of butter, add 150 g of sugar and milk. In a separate bowl, mix all of the flour with the yeast and salt and mix the two bowls. If it's too sticky, add more flour. Form a dough ball and let it rise for 45 minutes, until it's double the size. Heat your oven to 200°C. Then, roll out your dough in the shape of a rectangle, to about 0,5-1 cm thick. If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a bottle, but remember to clean it well. Heat the rest of the butter and spread it on the dough, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Now comes the hard part - creating a roll. Just take one end of the dough and start rolling it towards the other end carefully. If it sticks to the surface, sprinkle with flour. If the filling starts pouring out, use a baker's brush to spread it evenly. Roll it into a Swiss roll. Then, take a knife and cut circular discs which are about 3 cm thick. Place them on a buttered tray with enough space in between - they will rise some more. Whisk a whole egg and brush it on the rolls. You can also add a sprinling of granulated sugar. Bake for about 10 minutes and keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

This makes about 20 cinnamon rolls. You can also make a topping, but that is up to you. I'm really with how they turned out, I thought it would be more difficult and that they might end up being dry, but they were fluffy and delicious.

I was surprised this got so much attention when we posted it on Instagram - I really hope some of you try this recipe. Let me know if you want me to try making something else. So, until next time!

What is your favourite pastry or way to use cinnamon? Let me know in the comments.


Share your opinion:

  1. I love cinnamon rolls! They're a tradition here in Sweden, so I've grown up with eating them all the time, and I've baked them countless of times! These look lovely :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I remember eating them when I came to Sweden! :) Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I think I may try this next week. These look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! :) and thank you x

      Delete
  3. Ohhh nekaj takega pa se zdaj že spravljam delat nekaj časa :D zdaj sem pa samo še bolj lušte dobila, ko sem to vidla :)) Nič bo treba spečt kaj :)) Zgledajo zeeeloooo okusni (njomnjom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, javi, če boš probala. Ful so dobri :)

      Delete
  4. I really love cinnamon rolls but I've never made my own, I'm going to save this recipe so I can do this in the future!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore cinnamon rolls, but never been brave enough to try actually making them...think I might have to give it a go one evening!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest they're a bit fiddly to make, I don't know if I could brave them, but Tilen did an amazing job :) x

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to try these for ages because I'm cinnamon crazy, thank you so much for sharing a recipe!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. To zgleda božansko. Obozujem cimet, ce se le da, ga dodam povsod :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh delish! But over a kilo of flour? That seems a lot. Might still try it :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hvala za tale recept, tole sem čakala, odkar sem videla fotko na Instagramu, Definitivno probam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!