Homemade Pizza

Sunday, July 27, 2014


During the past week, Tilen decided he wanted pizza. So he made one! My dad used to make pizza dough from scratch, but for the past few years, we've been using the frozen dough. However, from now on, I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to eat that again - homemade dough is easy to make and so much more delicious! So Tilen made another run to the store (this is becoming a habit) and we started working on the pizzas ...


He made the dough ...


And I prepped the toppings!


Basically, the recipe we used is by Jamie Oliver, but we changed it up a little. Here is what we used and did.

Ingredients

1,2 kg white flour
2 packets yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons olive oil
650 ml warm water
toppings: tomato sauce, pepperoni, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, cheese ...

Instructions

In a bowl, mix salt and flour. Separately, mix water, yeast, sugar and olive oil and let it stand for a couple of minutes. Then mix the two and combine into a dough. Knead it until your dough is springy, but not sticky - add more flour if needed. Then, put the dough in a bowl, cover with a dish cloth and let it rise for 45 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your favourite toppings (my favourites are pepperoni, mushrooms & olives). Roll the dough after the time has passed. You can use any platter, we chose cake platters - just the bottom. Cover the bottom with dough and put on your toppings. For a simple tomato sauce, just use canned tomatoes and add some herbs like basil and oregano. This recipe makes about 4-6 pizzas depending on the size. Bake at 200° for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!


For the love of all that is holy ... I want one right now! Tilen did an amazing job and I am seriously roping him into making lunch everyday - everything I make just fails in comparision to his cooking.

& that's a wrap on our Cooking Week! I hope you enjoyed all of the recipes and don't forget to come back tomorrow, when we're starting Skincare Week on Nothin' Fancy. Really. :)

What is your favourite kind of pizza?

Share your opinion:

  1. I love making pizza and I try to always make the dough myself too. It's been a while now though, but seeing this makes me want to make it soon! Your pizza looks delicious! :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Mimmi! Homemade just tastes the best :)

      Delete
  2. yummy! that looks so so so good!

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's my favourite kind of pizza? How 'bout ALL OF THEM? :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prav v petek sem tudi sama pekla pico po podobnem receptu ;) in bila je odlična.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really look yummy! Usually is my brother to make pizza

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its SO much better to make them yourself. Then you know exactly what is going into the food you are eating. Plus its fun!

    Melanie | <a href="http://melaniface.blogspot.com.au”>Melaniface</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, I'm never buying the store bought dough again!

      Delete
  7. My favourite kind of pizza is potato ones! I only had them in Rome, but it was sooooo good, I still dream about it!

    MsBubu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had that but I'm intrigued. Must check out some recipes :)

      Delete
  8. These look so delicious! Been loving Jamie's money saving meals programmes, his food looks so tasty!

    Zoe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh my mom loves those! I need to buy his Save with Jamie cookbook :)

      Delete
  9. This looks delicious! I might give it a try, let's just hope I don't burn down my house hahah :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!