No-Bake Caramel Cheesecake

Saturday, July 26, 2014




I first found this recipe ages ago, when I first started reading Nouvelle Daily. There is a recipe on the site for a salted caramel cheesecake and I knew I had to try it. I ended up making it this past New Year's Eve and it was pretty popular with our guests! So last week, I made it again for Tilen's mom's birthday. I ended up making two identical cakes and they turned out lovely, so I hope you enjoy the recipe. I've changed up the original a little bit and it's delicious ... Two things to remember - this cake needs to chill overnight! Also, it's not a proper cheesecake because I used cottage instead of cream cheese. I don't like cream cheese in desserts. Essentially it has a cookie crumb bottom, a cottage cheese filling and caramel topping. And you don't even have to bake it! Here we go!

Ingredients

1 packet of spekulati (ginger biscuits)
175 g butter
1 kg cottage cheese
120 g powder sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons agave
100 ml whipping cream
pinch of salt

Instructions

I started off by grinding the biscuits. I warmed up 75 g of butter and mixed it with the crumbs, then pressed the mixture to the bottom of a 26 cm diameter cake pan. I popped it in the fridge, then prepared the filling by mixing 100 g of the powder sugar with the cottage cheese. I pressed this in the pan and cooled it while preparing the caramel. I used 100 g of butter and melted it in a saucepan over low to medium heat, adding the remaining sugar. When the sugar melted, I added the cream and salt and stirred for two minutes. I put the caramel in a tall jar and cooled it. When it was not hot anymore I poured it over the cake and let it to cool overnight. Keep it in the fridge until you serve it.

The cake is really moist, sweet and super refreshing. It's a great hit in the summertime and I'm sure you'd love it!

What is your favourite cake?

Share your opinion:

  1. This sounds super good and perfect for summer! Thanks for the recipe :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, it really is delicious :)

      Delete
  2. Joj, kakpni lušti:) Vse se mi sline cedijo:D. Mora biti pa super s tem karamelnim prelivom. Si zagotovo shranim recept za naslednjič:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res je odlična! Javi, če preizkusiš recept :)

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing! I'd fail at this because I'd eat all the cookies. I love me some Spekulatius. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like them as well, we bought extra. :P

      Delete
  4. i feel silly for not liking caramel.. that looks so yummy !!

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kok se mi sline cedijo, definitivno stestiram tale recept :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm izgleda odlično, ta recept je obvezno treba preizkusit! :)

    http://www.fashionpartyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!