Best highlighting makeup products

Wednesday, May 21, 2014



First of all, a major thank you to Ajda, who took these photos with me - I really appreciate her help! I also have an insane wish to purchase a DSLR now, which, with my budget, might remain a dream for a while longer. That aside, this post features an assortment of my favourite highlighting makeup products. Let's see what I've been loving ...

If you'd like a nice base, I cannot recommend L'Oréal Lumi Magique Foundation enough. I got this on offer a few months ago and it has made it all the way into my top 3 foundations of all time. I think I even managed to pick the right colour shade, which is a miracle in itself. The foundation has medium to high coverage, is nicely blendable and gives my skin a beautiful luminous sheen. I used to be an all matte, all day kind of girl, but lately I'm all about the dewy finish, and this foundation is just perfect for achieving it. You can find it in most drugstores or online at Feel Unique for around 12€.

I'd also like to mention a primer pick, which is also from the L'Oréal Lumi Magique line. This white shimmery primer somehow manages to blend in with my skin, making it beautifully illuminated. I used to use it on my whole face, but lately I prefer to apply it just to my cheeks for a gorgeous finish. It gives a lit from within look if you apply it under your foundation, and you can put it on with fingers - no brush needed. Price is from 12-14€, you can find it online in Boots.

Moving on to proper highlighters, I have to mention MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. This gorgeous baked highlighter is a gorgeous gold color with a beautiful bronze undertone. It's not crazily pigmented and it looks beautiful combined with a pink blusher or a nice bronzer. I apply it on top of my cheekbones, but I also like it alongside my bronzer for a bit of a different look. The only problem for me is the accessibility, as I cannot get MAC in my country and cannot even order online! Price is around 22-25€ at MAC counters or online.

My only (but very well-loved) NARS product is the gorgeous Illuminator in Orgasm. Though I do have to say I absolutely detest their product names, they're just cringe! This comes in a squeezy tube and is not really the shade of the Orgasm blush - it's lighter. On the cheeks, it's amazing! Light pink with bronze and coral tones, and gorgeous shimmer. It's liquid and blends beautifully on the skin. I apply it with my fingers most of the time. Price is around 25€, you can find it on Look Fantastic.

And finally, a new addition - the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector. I have a little sample size of this baby which I received in a UK beauty box swap. The shade is flesh toned, with slight pink undertones and gorgeous shimmer. I use it as a highlighter, but I would love to try it as a primer - I think it would give a gorgeous finish, maybe even combined with a matte effect foundation, the finish might be great. I will report back on that, but in the meantime, you can find the product on the BECCA site for a hefty price of 50€.

There you have it - all you need for a gorgeous highlighted face. What is your favourite highlighting product?
Click 'read more' for Slovenian version.


Najprej naj se najlepše zahvalim Ajdi, ki mi je pomagala posneti čudovite fotografije v tej objavi. Danes bom govorila o osvetljevalnih ličilih, ki so mi zadnje čase res všeč.

Najprej osnova - L'Oréal Lumi Magique podlaga, ki jo imam že nekaj mesecev, nad njo pa sem ob vsaki uporabi bolj navdušena. Podlaga je srednje do dobro prekrivna, prijetno vlažila in da koži čudovit osvetljen finiš. Ne bo vam všeč, če so vam bolj všeč matirane podlage, meni pa se zdi enkratna, še posebej za to ceno in za tople mesece. Pri nas je podlaga kar draga, tako da priporočam nakup na spletni strani Feel Unique, kjer stane okrog 12€.

Tudi primer iz L'Oréal Lumi Magique linije se mi zdi super, čeprav je včasih nekoliko strašljiv - je namreč bele barve in ima veliko bleščic. Na obrazu pa se spremeni v nevtralno barvo in se zelo lepo zlije z mojo kožo. Včasih sem ga uporabljala po celem obrazu, zdaj pa ga raje nanesem samo na lica. Uporablja se lahko tudi z drugimi pudri, meni se zdi posebej zanimiv finiš v kombinaciji z mat podlago. Cena je okrog 12-14€.

Eden izmed mojih must haves znamke MAC je gotovo njihov Mineralize Skin Finish v odtenku Soft and Gentle. Njihovi MSF izdelki ponavadi izhajajo v omejenih kolekcijah, tako da je ta odtenek eden izmed redkih, ki je del rednega asortimana. Odtenek je zlat z rjavimi podtoni in res popoln za poletje - čudovito izgleda z zagorelo kožo. Nanesem ga v kombinaciji z rdečilom ali bronzerjem, tako pa dobim dva različna videza. Cena izdelka se giblje med 20-25€, odvisno od države nakupa (v Ameriki je MAC najcenejši).

Všeč mi je tudi NARS Orgasm Illuminator, tekoč osvetljevalec v mali tubi, ki ga najraje uporabljam v kombinaciji z rožnatim rdečilom. Odtenek je svetlo rožnat z rjavimi in koralnimi podtoni ter veliko šimra, vendar na obrazu le-ta res ni moteč. Cena je pri 27€ na Look Fantastic zasoljena, vendar se ga res porabi tako malo, da izdelek zadošča za več let. Priporočam nakup, če vam je odtenek res všeč in ga boste veliko uporabljali - v tem primeru se nakup izplača.

Zadnji izdelek ima precej šokantno ceno - 50€. Sama ga za toliko denarja ne bi kupila, sem pa prejela majhen vzorček v menjavi izdelkov z blogerko iz Velike Britanije. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector je sicer čudovit osvetljevalec, ki se lahko uporablja tudi kot primer pod pudrom. Barva je nevtralna z nežnimi roza podtoni in veliko šimra. Če se nakup splača, pa presodite sami ...

Kateri pa je vaš najljubši izdelek za osvetljevanje?

Share your opinion:

  1. Vsekakor ponoviva najino druženje :)
    Sicer pa - super objava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my eye on the L'Oreal Lumi Magique primer last week in Boots, wish I'd picked it up now! Love the look of the MAC MSF too.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both lovely products! I'm also really interested in the Bourjois Happy Light primer, might do a comparision :) x

      Delete
  3. I love highlighting products but probably don't use them as much as I want to! Really want to try the Becca one :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Becca highlighter is da bomb, seriously ... The price seriously puts me off though! x

      Delete
  4. I use the Lumi concealer, but I've never used the other products before!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I need to try the concealer as well :)

      Delete
  5. LOvely roundup! Summer is the perfect season for a cute highlighter. I have the L'Oreal Magic one & like to mix it with my foundation. The Mac MSF is stunning, these last forever and look so pretty on the skin
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! :) I have an insane wish to get more highlighters, which I really don't need. :P

      Delete
  6. I have the Lumi Magic and the NARS Illuminator, love them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I! I want more shades of the illuminator and more NARS things in general :) x

      Delete
  7. Meni najljubši je Benefitov High Beam <3 Tale MAC je tudi na moji WL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca Shimmering skin perfector is among my top highlighting products! I love the shade Moonstone! Have you tried MAC's hush cream color base? its another favorite!

    Lipstick Queen Saint Eden Review | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!