The Lip Biter's Guide to the Galaxy

Thursday, February 20, 2014



I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm kind of proud about the title of this post. Isn't it just so clever? I feel like going around poking people so they can tell me how cool I am. Heheh.

That aside, I've decided to write a guide to lip balms for fellow lip biters. I've thought about writing some advice if you want to stop biting your lips, but as someone who has been doing so for her whole life, I'm finding it hard to stop myself, so I'm not really sure what to say. However, I've found a plethora of lovely products for my lips which I'd like to share with you.

Best for healing: Blistex Medplus

*Sean Connery accent* The damage is done. So, your lips are completely chapped and dry, and now you've gone to town biting them as well. Fear no more, as there is such a thing as Blistex Medplus. This will forever be my go-to product when I need my lips to heal. It's very minty and works so fast, I've often woken up with my lips almost healed when I completely ruined them the previous day. It really is a miracle worker, though it may sting a tiny bit when you first apply it. It also comes in a jar and is really inexpensive.

Best for maintenance: Nuxe Reve de Miel

Okay, I know it's really expensive, but if you don't bite your lips and just want to keep them in good condition, this will do wonders for you. It will keep them supple, moisturized and nourished. It also smells absolutely lovely of honey and lemon. At 10€, it's ridiculously expensive for a lip balm, however it really is worth it and does a great job in the colder weather. Thumbs up.

Best for scent: Labello Lip Butter & Balea Sweet Wonderland

These are products you might like if you don't have any problems with your lips. They're quite nice if your lips are healed and you don't have any chapping (is that a word?) going on. Being honest, they really don't do anything as far as healing is concerned, but they do smell lovely - the Labello lip butters have a few scents, mine is Raspberry Rosé and Sweet Wonderland smells like chocolate pudding. However, don't expect miracles from them, because they won't do much for chapped lips. Prices for Labello are moderate, around 3€, and the Balea lip balm is inexpensive.

Best for protection against cold weather: Pai Bergamot lip balm

This lip balm creates a protective layer over your lips which might feel annoying because it's a bit waxy, but I've really found it to be the best when I'm going out in the winter wind and coldness. It does not allow any of the weather conditions to harm your lips, making it perfect for strolls in the cold weather. Get it on Ecco Verde for 10€ (it's worth it).

Best of green, organic, natural beauty: Akamuti Ruby Lips Lip Butter

Found on Ecco Verde for 8€, this is, for me, the best of natural lip balms out there. Scented with citruses like mandarins and oranges, it has a lovely fragrance to it and is absolutely wonder all-around. If you're a green beauty lover or just want to try something more natural, this is a lovely product that takes care of dry, chapped lips, maintains their moisture and protects from weather as well. Definitely a firm favourite, the only thing I don't like is the fact that it comes in a deep jar, which makes it necessary to use fingers when applying it, but otherwise it's amazing.

Best for boys (Tilen's pick): Yves Rocher Bio Nourishing Lip Balm

Tilen recently went through an entire tube of this and he mentioned he quite liked it, so I thought I'd throw it in. I haven't tried it properly myself, but he says it's quite nice (and it's not pink, so he actually uses it, har-di-har-ha). It's apparently an all-around good lip balm which is moderately priced at 5€.

I hope this guide to lip balms helped you a bit - I'm always looking for a miracle product. And I don't mean the likes of Dior Rose Lip Balm, which I'm sure is wonderful, but probably cannot fix my poor lips. If you have any other recommendations, they are very welcome!

Share your opinion:

  1. Hello miss, really nice post! I have tried the Pai one...but if you are a fan of lip balm, you have to try this one. My favorite!!!!!
    http://mademoisellenature.blogspot.nl/2012/09/did-you-say-soft-lips.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Audrey, and I need to check that out! I've heard so much about Hurraw. :) x

      Delete
  2. I have no way of reaching Labello and Pai in my country but I have tried Nuxe and Blistex balms before and like you say, they are such life savers! It's nice knowing I am not alone haha. Oh, I recently got a Korres lip balm as a gift and so far it's been very good so if you're looking for a new product to try out... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's a shame. I cannot get Korres though, unless I order online, which I think I'll do as I'm completely in love with their tinted lip butters! x

      Delete
  3. Eeee gosh! I am literally lip balm obsessed no joke. I always see ones that may taste nice, or look cool and think I need these so I have 1000s of them to choose from. Think Carmex always helps me when my lips are really dry though.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit addicting, aren't they. :) Haven't tried Carmex yet, if you can believe it! x

      Delete
  4. I adore the Nuxe Reve de Miel and can't be without it! It has really saved my lips from the cool air.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's an amazing product! :) x

      Delete
  5. Yep you should be proud! That was a good one ;) Loved this post! You have so many lip butters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, thank you! I am a bit addicted & I go through them fairly quickly :) x

      Delete
  6. I love Blistex, have been using it for years now and it's by far the best I ever had. Though past two years I had Dvorec Trebnik lip balm - Melissa. And love it. So good for the lips, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blistex = thebomb.com! :) Dvorec Trebnik sounds lovely as well x

      Delete
  7. I must try the Reve de Miel lip balm! Sounds amazing, even if it is expensive. Oh well - I have too many lip balms anyway so another one won't hurt if I treat myself! x

    Kathryn | effievanity
    (p.s, I'd love for you to enter my giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it in my opinion. Treat yoself! :P x

      Delete
  8. Meni je super en z medom od Avona. Sumim, da je podoben Reve de Miel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!