A Random Girl's Best Of 2020: Skincare Edition

Monday, December 7, 2020



I feel I've been away for so long I have to address it in some way, but I don't really feel like it, so let's move on to what skincare I've been using for this past year!


But first a little introduction to my skin (and me, in case you're new/forgot I exist): I'm Živa, I'm turning 30 next year and my skin has somehow gone from acne-prone to kinda sensitive and dry. But I feel like I'm getting way better at figuring out what works for me and my skin.


So here's a list of some tried-and-loved products!


NIP+FAB Vitamin C Fix Brightening Pads


Okay, seriously? These don't make a huge change to the look of my skin but they make it feel plumper, fuller and softer. Plus they smell like oranges. And I'm into it. AND it feels like they really prevent my skin from getting breakouts. NIP+FAB is a brand I discovered this year and I've been really loving it. I bought mine on FeelUnique and they're on sale right now!


Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner


Another discovery from a friend's recommendation, this toner is really calming and has a pleasant, inoffensive smell that makes me feel really calm. It really soothes my skin and makes it feel less blushy (blush-prone. blush-easy??) Plus the vibe of the product totally gives me luxury vibes and it's a joy to use.


REN Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial


I'm on my second bottle of this stuff. At first I bought it a bit begrudgingly because at the time, it was the only AHA product in the store I went to, but honestly, this stuff is amazing. I don't like how it feels on the skin which is why I don't use it enough (it's thick and a bit sticky) but OHMYGOD is it worth it. My skin feels smoother a day after using it. 


Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask


I must've spoken about this before, right?! It's one of the best discoveries I made these past few years. This mask is intensely hydrating and very calming. It feels pleasant and it's actually not annoying to sleep in. I always apply it overnight when I need something neutral and calming for my skin.


NIP+FAB Dragon's Blood Fix Serum Extreme


I LOVE THIS STUFF. I don't know how, but it makes your skin plumped, really clear and perfectly colored. I used to get a lot of redness but using this really helped with irritated areas. I love this brand - I've tried 2 products and I adore both, so I can't wait to try more next year.


Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado


I don't know if you saw my upcoming turning 30 confession at the beginning of this post (WHY GOD WHY?) but I figured it was time I started using eye cream. Sigh. So I bought this overhyped Kiehl's eye cream... And man, I'm part of the hype. This stuff is really thick, smells lovely, makes my eyelids feel cooler and refreshed and even helps with hooding issues on the lids. 


Those are the products I've been using in 2020 and will continue to use throughout next year. 


What was your top skincare product of 2020?

Share your opinion:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!