Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Tuesday, December 24, 2013


Merry Christmas my lovelies! <3 At this point in time I would like you all to imagine me singing Friday by Rebecca Black substituting Friday with Christmas. It's Chriii-stmas, Chriii-stmas, gotta bake cookies on Chriii-stmas! Gotta have my butter, gotta have some eggs ... (I hope you can imagine me with a better voice than I have in reality because Tilen is half-deaf by now).

So today I wanted to share a cookie recipe with you. I got the recipe from Sweetapolita here: http://sweetapolita.com/2012/11/the-perfect-dark-chocolate-sugar-cookies/ I wanted to try these cookies because they're supposed to keep their shape and not expand. So let's get on with it!



Above is the cast of characters: brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa, butter, vanilla sugar, salt, flour and eggs (for exact measurements check Sweetapolita's blog!) The hardest part of this recipe was, as always, combining the butter with the sugars. Remember to not use chilled butter - but don't melt it either, the mixture won't be right. Slice the butter at room temperature, add sugar and mix with an electric mixer until fluffy. Then add the eggs and keep mixing. Stir in flour, cocoa, salt & vanilla. Preheat oven to 325 F or 165°C.

Okay now, it would be a good idea to chill the dough before you roll it, though I didn't have time for that. If you chill it, wrap it in foil and leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. If not chilling, make sure to flour your surface and the rolling pin, then roll to desired thickness.


Cut out the shapes and place on baking tray. Sweetapolita chills them again, and this is a step I wouldn't skip. My momma has taken over the fridge and freezer, so I just put the tray on our balcony for 15 minutes. After that time, the cookies were nice an' cold. I popped them in the oven for 15 minutes and they were perfect!

Tip #1: If using proper bitter cocoa, your cookies will be a LOT darker. I used Nesquick because there'll be kids eating them and I don't think they'd appreciate the less sweet flavour. Also that's all I had at home. Don't judge.

Tip #2: The cookies come out differently depending on the thickness of the dough. If you want hard & crunchy, make it thicker, if you want chewy, less thick.

Tip #3: This recipe makes A LOT OF COOKIES, y'all. I got about 4 platters of them out of this. You can lower the doses of ingredients for less cookies.

Let me know if you end up making them, they're a huge hit at my house!

Share your opinion:

  1. They look amazing! Happy holidays :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mislim, da je mami naše pekla po identičnem receptu, in so mi od vseh vrst prazničnega peciva (ki jih je bilo letos 13, sup with that mom) bili najboljši. ^_^ Pa vesel božič :)
    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome mom is awesome, js sm sam 2, pa še to sm ene zafu ... :D Tebi tudi! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh these looks so cute and yummy! I made loads of cookies this year already but I might do more XD (I have cookie fever! I don't even eat them much hahaha). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like eating them either. But baking is fun! :P Share some recipes guuurl! :3 x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Sej so bli, samo meni premalo čokoladni zarad kiddy kakava. :( x

      Delete
  5. Chocolate & sugar are my favorites! :) Those look amazing.. I might try these out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, but remember to put in 70% cocoa, it makes all the difference! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!