Paint the town red!

Monday, December 23, 2013


The big day is fast approaching and I don't know about you, but I'm EXCITED (hiding it well, aren't I?) So I'm already thinking what to wear to our annual lunch with the family on Wednesday and for dinner on Christmas Eve. I think a red lip is pretty much a given in these festive times and today I've prepared my favorite reddies for the holiday season.

Let's start with YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy in Succulent Pommegranate. Go for this one if you're shy when it comes to reds and don't want to go to all the fuss of applying a proper red. It's a very glossy rosy red color which feels very moisturizing on the lips, almost like a lip balm. Really nice if you plan on eating a lot - I know I am!

My next pick would be the Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Red Sunset. This is another gorgeous glossy red, but this one will stay on for absolute ages! I even went swimming with it on once and it didn't budge. Doesn't feel as moisturizing on the lips, more so glossy, but it will stay in place longer than the YSL lippie.

Next up is my current favorite - Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang. This comes in a gloss form complete with doe foot applicator, though it behaves like a lipstick on the lips. I especially love that it dries super fast and doesn't transfer on my lips (because I have had too many embarassing moments when a friend has to remind me my teeth are red). And on top of that it keeps the gloss even when it dries down. The price is great, too! Definitely my favorite pick.

I also really like Revlon's Cherries in the Snow, which I wore all of last December (accompanied by my grandma's complaining about it not suiting me, but then she says that about pretty much everything I wear, I should probably wear a potato sack to please her, heheh). It's more of a blue toned red, almost a hot pink, which will make your teeth look a lot whiter. The fact that I wore it so much atests to the fact that it is one of the best reds out there! Revlon has a few nice shades, like Revlon Red and Black Cherry if you're into the vampy look.

This last lippie is a Catrice one which I'm not sure you can get anymore, but there are plenty of dupes out there. It's a deep red shade with plummy undertones, and I only included it as a matte option. I know my friend Nina likes her lipsticks matte and with absolutely no shimmer, and I think she would love this one. It's really pretty!

There you have it, my picks for red lips, yo (because that almost rhymed. Come on, let me have my rapper moment). What will you be wearing on Christmas? Do you dress up or stay in sweats? :)

Share your opinion:

  1. Just loving the YSL lipstick shade so pretty! Wishing you a Happy Xmas! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a lovely sheer color! To you too dear. <3

      Delete
  2. Aaaah, the Rimmel Apocalips range is fantastic! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post! gotta love a red lip :)

    http://lifebyemmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Cherries In The Snow, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Gorgeous and unique shade. Thanks Coco :) x

      Delete
  5. Apocalips <3
    YSL so pa precej slabo pigmentirane ane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neee, to je samo kolekcija Sheer Candy, ki so zanalašč narejene kot glossaste šminke. :) Sem imela tudi normalno RV in je bila ful pigmentirana! x

      Delete
  6. The YSL look so pretty for a sheer colour! Cherries in the Snow is one of my favourites too <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely and gives a tinge of red. :) Thanks Jennie <3

      Delete
  7. super cute layout! i love seeing the true color on these

    this + that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours! Great photography too. Just found your blog, I'm in love :) Followed you via GFC and bloglovin' x

    The British Teen // a fashion and beauty blog ran by your typical british teenager...

    Heidi ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek thank you so so much, that's lovely to hear :) x

      Delete
  9. js se za božič tud vedno lepo oblečem in namažem, ampak mislim, da bom letos ostala bol pr nežnih odtenkih šminke :D si bom pa za novo leto tok bol prvoščila :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jao men se je cela razmazala od jedenja haha. :P Jaaa, NY pa we go all out! :D x

      Delete
  10. Prva slikca <3 Same lepe si zbrala, posebej zadnje tri so mi všeč :) Sem že gledala Revlonovo Cherries in the snow, samo ne vem če si upam takšno živo barvo nosit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tenkju <3 Pa dej, sej ti maš pa ja zmeri temne šminke?! Ti jo magar prinesem za probat, ful je lepa :) x

      Delete
  11. I love red lippies, and this is a gorgeous bunch! Great photos! :)

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do a bit of both - my favorite red shade for the holidays is NARS Velvet Matte Stick in Mysterious Red... so rich!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do a bit of both - right now I'm loving NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Mysterious Red. Amazing!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I wish I could swatch that, the Velvets seem amazing. Do you have swatches/a review up? :) x

      Delete
  14. Vse so lepe! Za Božič bom pa kar doma, pred televizijo v pižami, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ej, Sam doma FTW! :P (Mislm predvidevam da si to gledala ... če nisi ... WHERE IS YOUR MIND?!) :D x

      Delete
  15. I love YSL lip products, they are my favorite! I am asking for another for Christmas in Dewey Papaya :)
    xo
    www.plushluxexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that sounds lovely, must google swatches. :) x

      Delete
  16. Your photo's are so stunning!!! I really love the look of that Revlon lipstick, it's a really gorgeous shade xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice shades. Perfect for the season.

    Hi_D
    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these products! Thanks for sharing:)

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Moja praznična bo Urban Decay 69 (because of reasons), ampak upam, da bo drugo leto že kakšen YSL odtenek <3
    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have Revlon Cherries in the Snow and it's great for a statement red lip! Love the look of the super bright Rimmel Big Bang as well - don't listen to your grandma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Noooo, I shall protect them with my life! *hisses* My precioussss! Hehe thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post.
    I love red lipsticks!

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!