Treating Dry Skin in the Wintertime

Friday, January 3, 2014


First of all, a happy new year to all of my lovely readers! I hope 2014 brings everything you wished for when the clock struck midnight. Second, you're probably all expecting my 2013 Favorites, but unfortunately I'm not at home right now - which is also my excuse for lack of posts and videos, and I'm just finiding it incredibly hard to film and shoot at Tilen's place! I managed to put together this post, however, and will leave you with promises of more, as I am returning home tomorrow and will have new content up during the weekend.

I've never been a person with dry skin. Mostly it was oily or at the very least combination, while the skin on my body was pretty normal. This has changed for some reason this year, and I've had annoying dry spots and patches on both my face and body. Today I decided to post about a few products that have been helping me treat these issues.

I'll start of with the Yves Rocher Organic Oats Silky Lotion. When I used to work at YR, customers came back for this and were very loyal to it, while I completely neglected it. Tilen got a bottle at random and it is just now that I see why everybody loves this product. It truly is lovely and very very gentle, so it would be suitable for even the most sensitive of skins. It has a very pleasant and light scent of oats, which is quite relaxing. I also like the consistency, which is just runny enough and not too thick. The price is 5,50, I think, and you get a huge bottle! So a complete bargain as well. I would also recommend you to get the additional pump for the lotion as it just makes dispensing it so much easier.

Next up is an absolute miracle product which I've been meaning to talk about for ages now. I'll post a more detailed review of it soon, but for now let me just say that Weleda Skin Food is an absolute skin savior and a delight to use, as it treats even the sorest and driest patches. 

Finally, we have Melvita's Extraordinary Oil for combination to oily skin. Now if you're like me, you're thinking "I ain't puttin' that thang anywhere near mah face, gurlfriend!" When you have oily skin, the mere mention of additional oil will send you running in the opposite direction. However, this is a really lovely product that I've been enjoying especially now during the wintertime. It sinks in pretty fast and feels quite light on the skin, you truly don't greasy or anything. I can post a more detailed review, if you're interested, but generally, I use this all over my face while I apply Skin Food on the dry patches. It really works like a charm.

There you have it, my top three picks for winter, when our skin is prone to dryness. I do hope this helps.

P.S. To my Slovenian readers: Ne pozabite se vključiti v mojo nagradno igro na Facebooku in se potegujte za Parada zapestnico! :) https://www.facebook.com/nothinfancyreally

Share your opinion:

  1. Happy new year!! ;)
    My skin is generally normal to oily, but it gets crazy dry during the winter so I might check out a few of your recommendations. Weleda Skin Food sounds like an amazing product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I feel you, mine is the same. Definitely recommend Skin Food, my mom used it when she was sick recently and her skin was really dry, and it worked like a charm! x

      Delete
  2. Weird question..but what does the Weleda Skin Food smell like? I have the Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector and am not crazy about the smell but love the results so if Weleda smells good I may have to make a switch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, it smells quite herbal. I'm not sure you would like it, it's kind of a love/hate scent. Maybe give it a sniff in the store if you get a chance? :) x

      Delete
  3. Happy new year lovely! I really like Skin Food too, it's SO amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katero bi predlagala za suho kožo od zdravljenja aken? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, mogoče se bo slišalo malo čudno, ampak jaz imam za to ful rada Bepanthen, sploh če ostanejo kakšne ranice, mi jih čez noč pozdravi, pa priporočam Bepanthen Plus, ker je še boljši od normalnega. :) Pa kakšno fajn hranilno nočno kremo, meni je všeč Antipodes Avocado & Pear. Upam da sem pomagala! x

      Delete
  5. Love this, my skin gets so dry in the winter! Need to try some of these products :) x

    www.tillylions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Js mam trenutno tudi težave s suho in srbečo kožo na nogah in mi zelo pomaga Yves Rocher Expert Repair losjon z Shea maslom. Bom pa definitivno sprobala še Skin Food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaa, ta je ful fajn! Za noge drugače priporočam Alverde Foot Butter (I know, it sounds gross, samo ful diši pa hranljiv je), sej bom napisala objavo. :) x

      Delete
  7. Tale Skin Food se mi sliši zanimivo za moje suhe flekce na ličkah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sicer ga sama na obrazu še nisem uporabljala, mami je pa navdušena! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!