The best micellar solutions

Saturday, November 9, 2013


For the past year or so, I have been trying out different micellar solutions and trying to find the best one. Now that I have tried five different ones, I thought it was time to tell you about the results and share my favorite products with you all. :)

I have tried out five micellar solutions from different price ranges and below, you will find them in order from least favorite to the best one. I didn't include all of them in the photo, because I unfortunately already threw the packaging away, but I did include the reviews. You may be surprised by my list and opinions, but keep in mind - this is just what I honestly thought and your opinion may differ. So let's get started.

5. Bioderma H2O Micellar Solution
Yep, you're seeing this right. I absolutely hated Bioderma. It was the second micellar solution I got and I detested it, now even more because I know there are so many better products out there. My main problem with it was the fact that it really irritated my eyes. They stung so badly I could hardly use it. I am a contact lens user, but this happened whether I was wearing contacts or not. At this point I'm not even sure if I got an expired product, because everyone just raves about Bioderma and I hated it so much! On the plus side, it doesn't have a scent, which is welcome. It's also pretty expensive, around 15€.

4. Yves Rocher Micellar Solution
My first micellar was from the place where I worked at the time and at first, I thought it was amazing. Now, I don't think it's bad, but the one thing that bothered me was the excessive perfume used in it, it also irritated my eyes. Nothing like Bioderma, but it was still an unpleasant sensation. Again, great for removing face makeup, like foundation & blusher, but I found it too harsh to use on my eyes (though at the time I did, because I thought that's how it was supposed to feel). I even wrote it a glowing review at the time, comparing it to Bioderma (see it here.) Yup, pretty comparable - if you want your eyes to sting. Other than that, it removes makeup very well and costs around 7€.

3. Vichy Pureté Thermale 3 en 1 Micellar Solution
My newest buy is the Vichy Micellar Solution which I've heard works wonders. I am quite pleased with it, I have to say. There is still a tiiiiny bit of irritation when I wear my contacts, but if I remove them, it's okay. I do want to warn you though that this one is very perfumed as well, though at least the smell is not unpleasant, not to me. It smells like roses! Very nice touch, but unnecessary in my opinion. Otherwise removes makeup very well and the cost is 12€.

2. L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
This drugstore buy is an absolute bargain and has reached the top of my favorites, and I absolutely love it. At the current cost of 4,20€ in Drogerie Markt, it is the cheapest of them all and does the job perfectly. Absolutely no irritation and no scent whatsoever. Strongly recommend it and you can see my full review here.

1. La Roche Posay Micellar Solution
Tam-tara-raaam! My absolute favorite and one I will continue to repurchase is definitely the La Roche Posay micellar solution, though L'Oreal is a close second. LRP is very gentle and unscented, feels amazing on the skin and removes all makeup from the eyes and face. It is not irritating in the slightest and feels just like water on my skin. Even if I forget to wash it off, there is no unpleasant sensation on my face, it's just like water! Absolutely in love with this product, though it is one of the most expensive ones - 13€. But it's worth it!

There you have it, my breakdown of micellar solutions. If you're on a budget, I would say get the L'Oreal one. If you want something a bit more expensive, you won't go wrong with La Roche Posay. But both are amazing! Hope this helped.

Have you seen my blogs of the week?

Share your opinion:

  1. Sprobala Lorealovo, pa se mi je ful hitro porabila, ker se mi je prav zlivala ven.
    Bioderma, je dobra, potem ko sem sprobala še druge sem ugotovila da spet ni tako sveta kot sem mislila in za konec je še precej draga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mja, edini problem je tista luknjica, ki je res malo prevelika. Katera je pa tebi najboljša? :) x

      Delete
  2. Jaz uporabljam Bioderma in mi je super, pa še pol litersko verzijo sem kupila in jo imam že res dolgo. Uporabljam jo pa samo za odstranjevanje očesnega makeup, ker imam zelo občutljive oči. Te razumem s to razdraženostjo, ker se je meni to zgodilo enkrat ali dvakrat na začetku pri Biodermi, ampak od takrat naprej pa nikoli več. Ne vem zakaj?! :) Tale od La Roche Posay se sliši super, ampak škoda, da nimajo večjega pakiranja - no vsaj na v lekarni nisem zasledila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A res, no, me veseli, da ti ustreza, mogoče sem jaz alergična na kakšno sestavino? Ker je blo res hudo, ko sem jo uporabljala. Ne, LRP pa mislim, da res nima večjega pakiranja ... x

      Delete
  3. Meni je še vedno Vichy najljubša <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Thanks for sharing-))
    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try the L'oreal one. I tried the Bioderma and LRP and both were very good in my opinion :)

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the L'Oreal one, it's just as good as the others! Shame about the packaging though, a lot of people complain about spills because the hole at the top is too large ... x

      Delete
  6. Jaz sem poskusila tri, razvrstila bi jih tako (od najslabše proti najboljši) L'Oreal, Bioderma in najboljša - Vichy. L'Oreal se čudno peni in mi draži oči najbolj od vseh (nosim leče). Očitno je res odvisno od posameznika...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!