Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Conditioner Spray

Monday, November 4, 2013


Today I'm reviewing a hair product that I've really been loving these past few months. It has possibly the longest name ever which I actually shortened in the title! So let's hear it for (get ready, set, go!) Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Conditioner Spray! Ooof! Now that that's over with, let's get on with the review.

I remember reading an interview with Lauren Conrad absolute ages ago. In it, she said that she loved Dove hairspray, because it didn't make her hair crunchy. Now let's just take a moment to image teenage Živa as she read this statement. I was probably sporting a flannel and panda eyes, with my hair *literally* pasted to my forehead with sh*tloads of hairspray. I probably went through one bottle per week. No joke. Okay, so here is Lauren Conrad (whom I loved even in my panda-imitating & bands-that-don't-even-play-music-but-just-scream loving period) saying that Dove makes this miracle hair product. It kind of stuck in my head for years after that, and when bloggers started hyping up this leave-in conditioner, I knew I really wanted to try it. When I spotted it in Müller I got it immediately and I remember being really pleasantly surprised with the price which was very low.

You have to shake up this product before you use it, so the oil mixes with the other ingredients. It has a spray pump, so you just spray it onto your hair. Let me just say that in the past, I have used tons of this and it still didn't make my hair greasy, so if that's your concern, don't worry. Besides making my hair visibly softer and shinier, it can also be used as a detangler. I get these terrible knots in my hair, and this really helps when I'm trying to comb them out. I have found that no other product does this for me, not even the Gliss Kur sprays which I used to love - this one is better. And another plus is definitely the way my hair feels when I use it. Whenever I use this product, my hair actually feels soft and not brittle like usually, and my ends look way better. Because I have ombre on my ends, they are very very dry - when I come out of the shower they're actually already dry, which is terrible. This really improves the way they look and my hair appears a lot healthier. However I don't know if it has a long-term effect on my hair - I only notice a difference when I use it and not after using it for a while (my hair isn't improved permanently). But even as a temporary fix I really like it, and in the meantime, I'm searching for a nice hair mask that will really do something more for my hair - recommendations welcome. :) So all in all, a winner for me.

This product is available in drugstores worldwide for around 3-4€.

Have you seen my blogs of the week?

Share your opinion:

  1. Thanks for sharing, seems like a great product to try out myself!
    xo, Elien
    Dogs & dresses | blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torej se dobi tudi v naših drogerijah :D Kje točno? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Js sm ga dobila v Müllerju na Čopovi (LJ), tm v kotu k so šamponi pred tabo, na desni pa laki pa to za styling, čis odspodi pr tleh! :) x

      Delete
    2. haha they really tried hard to hide it! haval :)

      Delete
  3. Jaz sem ga tudi že gledala k Millerju pa ga potem nisem vzela k mam preveč teh sprayev...ko bom kakšnega porabila bom pa definitivno kupila tega! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Js mam tut še enga od Gliss Kur, ponavadi sva z mami vedno kupovale njihove, ampak mi je ta boljši. Upam, da bo tebi tut všeč. :) x

      Delete
  4. Se pravi da ne namasti las? Ker vsepovsod, kjer vidim napis, ki vsebuje "oil", najprej pomislim na to... :D drugače pa če boš kaj šla v Avstrijo, ti priporočam tega: http://www.glem-vital.schwarzkopf.at/glemvital/at/de/home/product-finder/vanillebluete/vanillebluete-spray.html
    Jaz sem imela pred uporabo grozne konice, ful razcepljene. Po uporabi (in še zdaj po nekaj mesecih, ker mi ga je zmanjkalo) pa so konice super, skoraj nič razcepljene! Res je super zadeva (: pa še diši taaak lepo. Upam, da bom lahko šla ta teden ponj.
    x

    Crayons and Beads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne, men jih res ne - niti malo! Js sm tut skeptična glede tega, ampak deluje. :) Uuu, tole pa zgleda ful zanimivo. A mislš da bi ga mel v Budimpešti? Baje gremo začetek decembra, upam, da najdem (pa da po možnosti najdem še mal denarja nekje na poti. :P ) Maš review že objavljen? Napiši! :) x

      Delete
    2. No potem pa si bom najverjetneje kupila tega od Dove, da preizkusim (: a imajo od Dove tudi šampone in te zadeve pri nas? Nisem nič na tekočem, zadnje čase bolj redko zahajam v drogerije :D Možno da imajo.. Jaz sem ga takrat v Avstriji v Muellerju kupila, pač njihova nemška znamka (od Schwarzkopf). Bom napisala, upam da kmalu! Ampak najprej moram po novo embalažo, da jo poslikam :P
      x

      Delete
  5. sliš se k čudež u flaški :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dobr ne bi lih rekla, da je čudež, je pa fuul fajn izdelek. :) x

      Delete
  6. uf, bo treba v trgovino spet :D
    super blogec, me veseli, da sva se našli :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard lots about this lately, i haven't really been into leave in conditioners but will have to give this a try!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zdaj pa ga moram prečekirat v trgovini. Cena je že vredna preizkusa:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mene res vedno pri takih artiklih skrbi, da bodo po uporabi lasje mastni, k to je res najbolj bedn filing=) Res si me navdušila nad temle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res meni se še niso zmastili, tako da te nima kaj skrbet. :) x

      Delete
  10. oh my goodlord! I can't believe I've never seen your blog before but I'm dying of laughter reading this post! I need to remember getting this one because I've never really been taking care of my hair..like EVER! but I'd love to start on that haha this sounds amazing. Oh and i'm definetely following you! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog

    Andrea xx
    SavingSimplicity13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you so much! <3 & No problem. :) x

      Delete
  11. I love this spray so much, it smells amazing! It makes my hair feel so soft and healthy xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees, I cannot believe I forgot to mention the smell - it is lovely. x

      Delete
  12. This product looks great! Would love for them to bring it to South Africa :)

    Loren | www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to get your hands on it! :) x

      Delete
  13. Funny that Dove is pretty much everywhere but our local (Philippine) shelves don't have nearly as much variation as those I see in the US or even other Asian locations (like Hong Kong). Now I'm really wanting this but I don't have a clue where to get it.

    Beauty By Tellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know exactly what you mean - we barely get anything here in Slovenia. Maybe you could do a swap or checkout Ebay? x

      Delete
  14. I should definitely try it! thanks for sharing!
    Love from France <3
    Cécile
    www.maxcebycecilej.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super napisano, si me kar uspešno prepričala, da je vredno preizkusiti ta izdelek!
    Zelo všečen blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zveni super, moram pograbiti tole ko bom naslednjič v drogeriji. Dober review :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super review in hvala da si tole pošerala, ker zgleda da ga morm nujno sprobat:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!