Effaclar Duo(+) Unifiant Review & Rave

Thursday, September 8, 2016



Have you ever wanted a skincare product that gave you an amazing coverage as well?

If you've been reading my blog for a while, I'm sure you know I'm a huge fan of La Roche Posay. When I was younger and had acne, their Effaclar Duo treatment helped me a lot, and since then I've tried most of the range, including the gel, toner and A.I. products. 

A few years ago, LRP came out with Effaclar Duo(+), which was my first disappointment in the range. After loving the original Duo, Duo(+) broke me out horribly, and it took me months to get rid of the red marks - and it was the first time I broke out because of a product as my skin isn't sensitive to them usually.

So you can understand my hesitation when I was offered to try out the new Duo(+) product. This is a skincare treatment, but it is tinted and supposed to give you some coverage as well as treating your skin. In the end, I decided I had more wins than losses with LRP, and I gave it a go.

I wouldn't be writing this post if I didn't end up loving the product. I am really impressed with this - it has all the properties I loved with the original Duo and so many more new ones that I've fallen in love with. Instead of rambling on about it, I'm just going to post a pros/cons list below.

Cons:

  • The shade is a little too dark for me (Light), so I wish this came in a shade lighter.

Pros:

  • Gives a beautiful finish, not dewy, but not matte either (semi-matte)
  • No shine peeks through, it's not heavy, but very light and feels like nothing on the skin.
  • Smells wonderful and it is a pleasure to apply.
  • Unbelievable coverage. I have huge pores and a lot of red marks, and this covered all of them.
  • Affordable at around 14€.
  • Helps my skin while giving it the coverage it needs on a daily basis.
  • Doesn't clump or look cakey, doesn't sit in pores, has never balled up on my skin.
  • Coverage-wise, closer to foundation than a BB cream, but light nonetheless.
  • Doesn't irritate, feels pleasant and lovely on the skin.
  • Comes with 40 ml of product.


Needless to say, I've fallen in love with this product and I've already gone through half a bottle. I work from home, and on days when I'm just in the flat or running errands, I couldn't wish for a better product. Love this.

What is your favorite skincare product that gives coverage?
Keep reading for the Slovenian version of this post + a giveaway!


Si si kdaj želela izdelek za nego kože, ki bi ti nudil tudi popolno prekrivnost?

Če moj blog spremljaš že dlje časa, se gotovo spomniš mojega navdušenja nad izdelki La Roche Posay. Preizkusila sem celotno linijo za problematično kožo, se navduševala nad originalnim Effaclar Duo in bila bitko z Duo(+).

Preden sem sprejela vabilo, da preizkusim Duo(+) Unifiant, sem oklevala kar nekaj časa, saj me je zadnji izdelek iz te linije razočaral. Po Duo(+) sem dobila hud 'breakout', rdečih madežev sem se znebila šele po nekaj mesecih, pa sploh nimam občutljive kože.

K sreči se zgodba pri novosti LRP ni ponovila - Unifiant me je popolnoma navdušil in ima sedaj častno mesto v moji rutini. Namesto da brbljam o tem, kako me je navdušil, sem pripravila kar seznam prednosti in slabosti. Ker ima slabost (po mojem mnenju) le eno, začnimo s to...

Slabosti

  • Le 2 odtenka. Meni je Light nekoliko pretemen, vendar izgleda OK, če ga zmešam z Effaclar AI ali The Body Shop kapljicami za posvetlitev pudra.

Prednosti

  • Daje čudovit semi-matte finiš.
  • Skozi podlago masten videz ne prodira, obenem pa je lahek in prijeten na koži.
  • Čudovito diši in je prijeten za nanos.
  • Neverjetna prekrivnost - je bolj podobna pudru kut BB kremi.
  • Stane okrog 14€, tako da je cena ugodna.
  • Moji koži pomaga, obenem pa zakriva nepravilnosti.
  • Ne useda se v pore, ne izgleda 'cakey', nikoli se ne 'svaljka' po koži - problem, ki sem ga imela pri tako originalnem Duo kot Duo(+).
  • Ne draži kože (niti malo), daje prijeten občutek, kot da nimaš na sebi ničesar.
  • V embalaži je 40 ml izdelka.
Verjetno mi ni treba še enkrat poudariti, da me je izdelek navdušil. Porabila sem že pol tubice. Ker delam od doma, je Unifiant popoln, tudi za takrat, ko moram na hitro v trgovino. Toplo priporočam.

Na mojem Facebook profilu te čaka tudi nagradna igra, v kateri lahko zadaneš čisto svoj Duo(+) Unifiant.


Share your opinion:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!