Summer 2016 Drugstore Makeup Haul

Wednesday, August 10, 2016


Hello ladies!

I went on a little shopping spree in my nearby Drogerie Markt, and I wanted to share my buys with you today. I've been meaning to pick up some new lipsticks, and I also needed a new powder, but of course I ended up with waaay too much stuff yet again. Let's see what we have...

EOS Lip Balm Strawberry Sorbet

I know the hype for these has kind of died down, but I just discovered them recently and I am in. Freaking. Love. My favorite is the sweet mint scent, but I wanted another one for my collection. It's super fruity and sweet, and it moisturizes well without being oily (it's more waxy). These are expensive for lipbalm, about 7€ a pop, but compared to stuff like the by Terry Baume De Rose, I'm fine with paying that. Of course, my puppy already chewed it up... Oh well. 

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks

I saw a few reviews for these, and I already have a red shade, so I wanted to pick up a few more. So far I've only worn 05 Nude Flush (I also got a vampier shade, 45 Possessed Plum), and it felt my lips weirdly tingly... This didn't happen with the red shade, so I'm wondering what the problem was - almost felt like a slight allergic reaction! I love the shade though. These are about 9€ and you can purchase them here.

Catrice All Matt Powder

I adore Catrice powders. I've tried most of them, but not this one, so I had to get it for about 4€. I've tried it already and it's absolutely lovely. Very smooth, finely milled and absolutely lovely. Will repurchase for sure. I think powders are definitely something you can get from the drugstore without giving up the quality.

Catrice Blush Artist Shading Palette

Got this in the shade 020 CorAll I Need. Pretty, but nothing special. They're not really blushes as they're quite sheeny and don't have a lot of color payoff. I would sooner use them as blush overlays. About 5€ for this palette. The shades are very pretty, though.

Catrice Deluxe Glow Highlighter

I haven't tried everything from this palette yet, but it seems great. The left highlighter is lovely, and the bronzier shade is good for contouring for Snow Whites like me (seriously, where is my tan, it's summer). Same price as the blush palette, I would recommend this one over the previous product.

Catrice Pret-a-Volume Smokey Mascara Velvet Black

I mean, this is an okay mascara, just a little disappointing to me. The result seems quite natural, and I was expecting something extremely dramatic. Seeing the brush, I was sure it would smudge and crumble, but thankfully it doesn't do that. Not my favorite. About 6€.

Catrice Fluid Lipstick Intense

Got this in the shade 040 Rose Your Voice! Haven't tried it yet, but the swatch was lovely. I'm super into these rosey, nude shades lately. I'll keep you posted on this one. I think it was about 4€.

Catrice Matt Lip Artist

These crayons are just lovely. I got two shades, 030 Barberry Hopping and  010 Bare Nude's Soul. One is more nude,  the other more red. I was initially afraid these would end up on my teeth as they're very creamy, but they seem fine. Love the matte dry down and the price - 5€. I think these are limited edition, which is really a shame.

Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder

I couldn't resist, it's so pretty! But unfortunately, this highlighter is way too shimmery for me. It's finely milled, but just not a great product. I wish the color was darker as well, as it's too light even for me, and that's saying something. It costs about 4€.

Catrice Camouflage Concealer

Been hearing great stuff about this. I want to do a comparison to Urban Decay Naked. Pretty sure I had it before and loved it! It costs around 5€. It is very velvety and smooth.

Essence The Beach House Blusher

Isn't this adorable?! I want to get back into Essence blushers, I used to purchase them with every limited collection and they're absolutely lovely (anyone remember their Marble collection from years ago? That was probably my favorite blusher of all time). This was on sale for about 2€, since it's an older collection.

Catrice Ultimate Stay Lipsticks

I absolutely adore these, and they're a bargain at around 5€. I got two shades, 070 Plum & Base and 060 Floral Coral. Beautiful shades, pleasant application and they feel great on the lips. I want every shade!

Hope you enjoyed this haul! I'm really excited about another brand arriving in Slovenia - L.O.V., and I might be picking up some bits from them as well. Until next time!
What's your favorite drugstore makeup item?

Share your opinion:

  1. krasne pridobitve. Sama že kar nekaj časa nisem bila po naših drogerijah, tako v miru, da si brez hitenja pogledam vse novosti. Catrice Deluxe paletka je tudi meni lepa, sicer pigmentacija ni presežek, je pa vseeno simpatična in za tak lep naravno osvetljen predel čisto ok. Trenutno moji najljubši drogerijski izdelki: Essence velvet mat v odtenku Peony Star, Bourjois HM, Essie lakci, Ebelin gobica za nanos tekoče podlage:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the palettes you purchased. They look great!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!