Stuffed Pepper Soup

Wednesday, July 23, 2014



Presenting, my favourite soup recipe. And I love me some soup, so you know it's a good one. This gem was found on Skinnytaste, and I've made it so many times I can now do it without a recipe! This dish is incredibly flavourful, easy to make and, best of all, skinny! Here is the recipe ...

Ingredients

1 package lean ground beef
2 cups rice
3 bell peppers
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 cans tomatoes
1 broth cube
pinch of marjoram
salt, pepper

Instructions

I start by chopping the peppers and onion. Over medium high heat, I brown the meat until it's done (about 10 minutes). I add the peppers, onions and garlic. If you don't have garlic, I love using garlic powder. It adds an amazing taste. Cook for another 5-8 minutes. In the meantime, put a large pot on medium heat and add about 6 cups of water, the cube and tomatoes. While that heats up, prepare the rice according to instructions. When the meat and vegetables are done, pour them into the soup. Heat this up for about 45 minutes, simmer on low heat. When it is done, place in cups and add rice on top. Do not mix together, because the rice will absorb all of the liquid!

There you go - an amazing soup recipe by Gina at Skinnytaste (definitely check out her blog, it's one of my favourites). I love this soup and it works in any season since the ingredients are always on hand! Let me know if you try it.

What is your favourite soup recipe?

Share your opinion:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha I shall take that as a compliment. :P

      Delete
  2. To preprosto moram preizkusit, sliši se zelooooo dobro. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!