Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets

Tuesday, July 8, 2014





I seem to be the last person in the world to jump on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets bandwagon. However, I am very glad I finally did, because these deserve all the praise they have had. I have two shades to review today, 05 Olé Flamingo! and 06 Pink Pong. Let's see what I think of them.

Starting off with the formula, the Velvets are basically liquid lipsticks which dry matte on the lips. They really are velvety to the touch and behave almost like a stain on the lips. The thing I dislike the most with other liquid lipsticks is the fact that they are very sticky on the lips, but you won't get that with these. The product is applied with a doefoot applicator without any issues, very easy to put on. I feel like people neglect to mention how amazing these are to apply and the feel on the lips as well - they really glide on and almost feel like nothing on my lips. They're not even drying, which is a complete miracle. I just love them.

Regarding the colors, Olé Flamingo! is a raspberry red shade, but very intense. It's more of a reddish pink. I am wearing it on the last photo. The two shades aren't that different on the lips, but I still love both of them. Pink Pong is pinker and darker. It's more toned down as well. I'm wearing it in the second to last photo.

The best part about these is of course the price - they cost around 10€, which is just a complete bargain. You can get them in most drugstores, in the UK try Boots, and in Slovenia, head to Müller or Drogerie Markt.

Have you tried the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets? What do you think of them?

Share your opinion:

  1. I really want to try these as I'm only just starting to wear colour, as opposed to nude, on my lips! They look beautiful on you!

    www.beautylymin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I love a bold statement lip for summer. And thank you! <3

      Delete
  2. Škoda, da meni izsušijo ustnice. Pa tako lep finiš. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. O ne, nisi zadnja, je še ena tukaj :D Pa malo drugače obdelane slike? I like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitivno jih preizkusi! :) In ja, mal sem se igrala s kontrasti - hvala x

      Delete
  4. I have Ole Flamingo and Peach Club of these, and I'm always so tempted to get the rest of them! I'm definitely going to get the new nude shades when it comes out in the stores.

    They both look beautiful on you!
    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want some of the others as well! Thank you x

      Delete
  5. I recently joined the bandwagon too and picked up Ole Flamingo. I LOVE it to pieces. Such a beautiful bold lip shade. It's the sort of lip shade that you can pair with a bare faced and you'd still look so incredibly put together. I'm also in love with how easy it is to apply. Nothing but praises from my end too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I totally agree by the way, they'd look amazing with just mascara. Glad you like them as well :)

      Delete
  6. Your photos are just beautiful! I know I always say it, but it's true! How gorgeous are these shades? I really need to get my hands on one (or some :D). Can't wait to have you as my exclusive advertiser next month xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Gemma thank you so much! You really do need them. And I can't wait either <3

      Delete
  7. It looks lovely on you :) x

    https://books-and-memories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks gorge on you <3


    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might be the last to join this band wagon! I finally bought one yesterday in Hot pepper and so far so good, the formula is amazing! I think I want to purchase one of the shades you have too, they both look amazing on you!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so amazing! I keep going to pick up colour 07 but they've been sold out every time I've tried!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look stunning on you! Isn't the formula just fantastic :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!