Best Blemish Treatments

Thursday, July 31, 2014



I've posted about blemish treatments so many times already, but here's another post in case you just cannot get enough. I've added up some of my favourite treatments and products for problematic skin. My skin is not looking that great, but if I didn't use these products, it would be a lot worse for wear (it might also help if I would stop falling asleep with all of my makeup still on every night, but that's a topic for another day). Let's see what my favourites are.

Let's start with Vichy Night Detox. I don't know why this is a night treatment. It actually mattifies my skin and gives it a very nice, smooth texture, so I've used it under my makeup as well - I know, it's not meant for that but it really multitasks well! It's a treatment that is supposed to help diminish pore size as well as blemishes. I've noticed it helps the texture of my skin a lot, so if you have bumpy skin, you might want to give this a try. It costs around 15€ for 40 ml, and it lasts quite a while, so I would recommend it to people with congested skin.

Next we have Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid. This is a strange one. It's supposedly an acid, but actually feels quite oily. I really don't like how it feels on my skin, but the effects speak for themselves. This mostly helps with texture again, and I really love what it does for redness as well. Overtime, this really improved my skin, but you need to use it for a while. When I use it sporadically, I just don't see the same results. Again, I think the price is around 15-18€.

I also wanted to mention a Mama Nature product. I've already reviewed their mask, and this is Teenage Dream, which is meant for problematic skin. I love the scent of this, it has tea tree in it so it's very minty. It feels great on the skin, despite the fact that it is an oil. I like doing flash treatments with this where I just leave it on for a couple of hours. It really diminishes blemish size, so I like using it on under-the-skin blemishes (giving you a nice visual). It's quite expensive, around 32€, but it is a completely natural product, which I really appreciate.

Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot, my favourite of them all! This one does it all and I'm almost completely out of my tube, and I'll definitely purchase this when it runs out. It dries up blemishes overnight and if you have an important event, apply this the night before and you'll be amazed. It really is a miracle worker. For the price of around 15€, you really don't need to think about it, just get it if you have problematic skin or even the odd breakout. It works wonders!

And finally we have another natural option, namely Lush Grease Lightning. Again, very pleasant herbal scent, nice, cooling texture ... Works great and in a similar way to Hyaluspot, though I would say it's a little bit less effective. It's still a great product and lasts longer than Hyaluspot, plus it's not that expensive, around 12€ I think. I really like using it in cases of emergency as well, so I can apply it under my makeup on problematic areas and it works throughout the day as well.

These are some of my favourite treatments and while I love them all, but I'm always looking for the next miracle product as well. So do tell me ...
How do you treat your blemishes?

Share your opinion:

  1. These products sound so good, need something for helping blemishes at the moment!

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Hyaluspot and Grease Lightning. Similar to Hyaluspot, but on a daytime basis, I like Uriage Hyésac bi-Stick. There is a liquid that dries the spot on one hand, and the other one there is a stick concealer.

    MsBubu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds awesome! I may have to pick it up. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Grease lightning sounds really good, I need to check out some of the LUSH skincare range! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get more Lush stuff as well, I love everything I've tried! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!