Best Products For Dry Patches

Wednesday, July 30, 2014



A bit of a different post today which you may not have expected from me - I do have very oily and problematic skin, but I also sometimes get dry patches. In these years of dealing with my skin, I've found some great options for my dry patches and I would strongly recommend all three of these. Let's see what my top three choices for dealing with dry skin are.

First of all, we have Weleda Skin Food, which I've mentioned countless times. This natural moisturizer has a strong herbal scent and is incredibly potent. It's a little slow to sink into the skin, so I would recommend applying it overnight. In the morning, your skin will look supple and refreshed. You can use it all over your body, I especially like it for my knees, elbows and feet (though Weleda also makes a Foot Cream which is just lovely as well). Price is around 7€.

Next we have Bepanthen. If you can, get Bepanthen Plus, which is even better than this one. It's basically a moisturizer which you can get in pharmacies without a prescription, it costs around 6€ I think (for a smaller size, mine is ginormous). Do you remember the main character's dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding? That dude used Windex for everything, and I'm a bit like that with my Bepanthen. I put it on dry patches, cuts, blemish scars ... It's a bit greasy so again, apply it overnight and it will sink in slowly. Miracle worker, this one! If you cannt get Bepanthen, I would recommend a nappy cream for children, but make sure to patch test for allergies and to see if your skin gets a reaction.

In the summertime, it's really annoying to use a super potent cream, so I also like to reach for the Balea Aqua Serum. You might think this would do nothing, but when my skin feels tight, this does miracles to relieve the feeling. It's very light, moisturizing and cooling. I love applying it under makeup as well. Just a great product, and so inexpensive as well, it costs under 4€ in European drugstore drogerie markt.

There we go, my selection for dry pacthes. 
What is your favourite skincare product for dry skin?

Share your opinion:

  1. I want to check out the Balea Aqua Serum, I hate thick creamy moisturizers on my face they seem to slip right off! It's only $7 on eBay so I'll give it a go, thanks so much for sharing!

    Krissy | www.sheetstoshimmer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh in that case you would love this! Love to be of help, lemme know what you think! :)

      Delete
  2. I love skin food, it works wonders! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!