A Random's Girl's Best Of 2020: Makeup Favorites

Tuesday, December 8, 2020




 

Time to talk makeup! Honestly, I feel like I'm stuck in a rut with my makeup. It always looks the same! I think I need to figure out something to change because I'm getting sooo bored of painting the same face every day. 


Anywayyyyyy, if you want to see my favorite products of 2020, keep reading!


Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara


Oh Essence, how I love thee. Affordable, adorable and irresistible, that should be their slogan. I just adore this mascara. It makes my lashes so longggg, and super voluminous too if I do a second coat. I wouldn't layer it over 2 times though. Ya girl has had some very clumpy/Twiggy lash experiences with 3 coats... 

Milani Luminoso Baked Powder Blush


Can you say #OldieGoldie? This used to be everyone's favorite and I used to buy Milani from a Polish website when you couldn't get it anywhere else. #EmphasisOnTheOldie This shade is the perfect peach and brightens cheeks for a beautiful glow. Packaging could be better, though.

NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation


Okay so, I finally found a shade that's too light for me! After years of being always-slightly-too-orange, I am amazed that I can now look 3 shades lighter from the neck up! Okay but seriously, this is really thick and covers up a multitude of sins including that Sunday you decided to say fuck it and have a glass of wine too many, and you have a Zoom meeting in 15 minutes, and you slap this on, and suddenly it's like, dark circles who? It's a great foundation is my point.

BH Cosmetics Brilliance Bronzer in Golden Gal


Listen, I don't know how to use bronzer. Usually I grab the one brush I don't know what to use for, kind of swirl it in there, put it in random places and hope for the best. BUT this has been my best friend and made me look SO much more alive. If NYX gives the perfect canvas, this adds dimension. It's a beautiful bronzer. I'm impressed!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge


It's just the best one out there. I love the BeautyBlender but 1. this cheaper 2. this harder and better to apply foundation with. I keep buying the double packs like an addict. They're so squishy, Imgonnadie!
I use this to apply foundation. And if you didn't know like me, you're supposed to wet them before you apply. 

MAC Creme in Your Coffee Lipstick


This is such a gorgeous neutral, creamy shade. I LOVE how it looks in the fall and winter. For spring, summer, it's a little too dark for me. BUT for a S/S option, I love...

Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl Lipstick


This gorgeous color is a little more on the pink, vibrant nude side and looks beautiful in all seasons. It's creamy and very opaque. Worth the money!

Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita


This is the easiest shade to wear. It dries fast and looks good without smudging until you eat or drink, and even then it fades in a pretty way. This is my favorite liquid lipstick of all time.


I thought about including more products but I really think this is the best of the best. If you have tried any of them, I'd love to know your thoughts.

What was your standout makeup product of 2020?

Share your opinion:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!