REN Skincare Clarimatte Range

Sunday, June 15, 2014



Hello there! One bad blogger reporting for duty. I haven't posted at all for a couple of weeks and I feel a bit bad about it, but sometimes you just need a little time to recharge your batteries and then the posts (hopefully) get even better! I shall try to post regularly, but do excuse me if I don't make an appearance for a day or two.

Today I'm here to talk about the REN Skincare Clarimatte range. I have 3 out of 4 products in the range, including a cleanser, a mask and a moisturizer. The item I don't have is a Clarifying Toner, which I'm also quite interested in. Let's get started with the reviews.

The first product is the Clarimatte T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel. Like most REN cleansers, this also comes in a huge 150 ml packaging, which lasts ages. This product was recommended to me as it is meant to be used on combination skin with a problematic T-Zone. I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. It feels very refreshing on my skin and it really seems to remove all the build up I accumulate over the day or through the night. I use it morning and night, in the evening after I remove my makeup with a micellar solution. It almost has an astringent quality without being stingy at all. It dries my oily areas really nicely - I have extremely oily skin in some areas, especially my forehead, and this helps to combat it. Overall, a great cleanser that I wouldn't personally use as a makeup remover (though I have to mention it doesn't sting my eyes at all) as it is meant more as a cleanser after removing makeup. Price is around 20€ for 150 ml.

Next we have the Clarimatte T-Zone Balancing Gel Cream. This product has been reformulated, so you might know it as the T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid. I wouldn't call this a gel cream, because it is actually quite thick and you need the smallest amount, whereas a gel implies you'll need a bit more product. It's surprisingly rich for a mattifying cream, but sinks in well - just don't use too much as a little goes a really long way. The product really reduces shine and keeps oiliness at bay for several hours, whether you apply makeup over it or not. I like using it in the morning, before applying my makeup. I've also noticed it seems to dry my problematic area a lot, which in turn helps to reduce size of blemishes. All in all I really enjoy it, though I wouldn't say it's as light as the name might imply. It does surprisingly provide some moisture despite being mattifying. Costs around 25€ for 50 ml.

Finally, I'd like to talk about the Clarimatte Invisible Pores Detox Mask. Some of you might remember I used to have this mask ages ago, and was not too impressed by it. I have it for the second time around now and I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't speak too highly of it, as it is actually a great product. I think I was expecting miracles ... I wanted it to erase my pores completely. Enlarged pores are hereditary (thanks, Dad), but the build up in them is not. The Pore Detox mask does a great job of unclogging pores and diminishing impurities. It is a clay mask, so it feels lovely on the skin, then it hardens, and you scrub it off like using an eraser (it's good fun). I did notice my pores felt cleaner - they are prone to clogging so using this mask once to twice per week really makes a difference. Don't expect your pores to disappear like I did - it's not a miracle worker, but over time it can reduce pore size as well. Price is around 22€ per 50 ml.

My overall thoughts about the range - I love REN as a brand, and this range does not disappoint. The cleansing gel does a great job of removing all impurities and the cream really does what it says - mattifies my skin for several hours, even after applying makeup (makes a good base as well). The mask clears pores nicely, but don't expect them to disappear completely. Overall, a great range for combination skin with a problematic T-Zone, which will mattify, dry out and cleanse impurities.

P.S. I based the prices off of the UK website, so do excuse me if they are not 100% correct!

Share your opinion:

  1. ah tud jaz bi rada enkrat nekaj znamke REN sprobala :3 Fajn se sliši ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love REN and this range sounds right up my street! I'll need to keep an eye out for them :)

    nikkiandthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never previously heard of REN before, but these products look like something I would definitely use.

    Thanks for sharing them with us!

    Rebekah from Rebekah Hannah Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, it's an amazing brand Rebekah, you'd really like it :) x

      Delete
  4. I really need to get myself the REN detox mask! Sounds lovely and just what my face needs!

    xx
    AnaLeote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you end up getting it x

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of this range, the detox mask sounds great! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only tried the Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser from REN but I love it and I'll definitely try more! Clarimatte might be next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I really want to try that, the whole Rosa Centifolia range seems so cool! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!