Vera Wang Princess Power EDT

Friday, May 30, 2014



As some of you know, I've been working with Fragrance Direct and loving every second of it. I've told you I love the site before, but recently I've become even more obsessed with it. The ever so lovely Fiona saw my recent posts about perfumes I've almost used up, which also included Vera Wang Priness, my all-time favourite. She offered to send me the new edition, Princess Power - how could I say no to that?

Princess Power arrived in the post safe and sound, wrapped in a gift with purchase, which my mom immediately claimed (cheers, momma). It was a big lilac beach bag with sequin purple hearts on it - quite cute! I was so anxious I unwrapped it right there at the post office and started sniffing it like a certified loon. This is an Eau de toilette, like the original Princess, but the scent is a bit more faint - on me, Princess lasts for hours and has the power of an EDP. This is more refreshing and light. I really don't see any similarities between this and the original Princess - that one is a mix of guava, vanilla & chocolate, while this is a musky blend of fruits and florals. The scent is quite musky, but not in a masculine way, as the added notes of raspberry and pear (one of my personal favourites) really soften it up. Jasmine is also present in the concoction as well as vanilla and frangipani, which I love as well. The effect is a light and airy fragrance, perhaps a bit different than the name might suggest - when I hear Power, I think strong notes, maybe gardenia, tuberose, with some vanilla thrown in for femininity. However, after consideration I've decided I really like this scent - it represents a modern, flirty, confident woman who is at heart still girly. My mom asked me if she could have it since I didn't seem to like it so much at the beginning and I said yes, but as I type this, sniffing the fragrance, I think I'll keep it for myself after all - there's just something about it. Sorry mom!

I'd definitely recommend giving Princess Power a try and even if you don't like it, come back to it in a couple of weeks. There's something special in this 'un. Available on Fragrance Direct from around 30€.

Share your opinion:

  1. There hasn't been a Vera Wang Princess spin off I haven't liked yet and this seems like no exception.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, which other ones do you like? I've only tried the original and this one, but I'm really intrigued about Rock Princess - it's supposed to have coconut in it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been that impressed with the Princess scents so far but this looks adorable. I LOVE the packaging and it sounds lovely and fruity, just what I like :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Charlotte! :( Definitely give this one a sniff, maybe you'll change your mind :) x

      Delete
  3. OMG gorgeous bottle and your photos are so pretty! I adore Vera Wang Princess so I will definitely need to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Lately I've been really trying hard with my photos, so that means a lot :)

      Delete
  4. O, jaz obožujem svoj originalen Princess, ki pa je nažalost že skoraj prazen :(
    Če bi ga prodajali pri nas, bi si ga že stokrat spet kupila, tko pa samo gledam te spletne trgovine pa se nikoli zares ne spravim kupit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala enako, pa ful mi je bedno kupit novega, ker ni prav poceni. :( Ampak res se opogumi glede spletnih trgovin, ker je fuuuul ceneje! Edino kar je smotano je čakanje, če si tak nestrpen kot jaz. :P

      Delete
  5. Ohh this fragrance sounds gorgeous, I'll definitely try it out! I love Vera Wang anyways though :) I followed your blog on bloglovin'!

    http://www.misformelissa.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried two VW fragrances, but I like both! Really want Lovestruck :) & thank you!

      Delete
  6. Ojoj kako luškano pocukrana embalaža :D Me wannntttt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, na začetku mi ful ni bila všeč, zdaj sem pa čist navdušena. :P Kjuut!

      Delete
  7. I adore the original Princess so I am sure I'll love this one too. The bottle is so cute!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! :) Really different than the original but lovely nonetheless x

      Delete
  8. It is really cute, isn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!