If you only buy one thing this week - MAC Lovelorn

Thursday, May 29, 2014




I remember my first MAC purchase when I went to London in high school - I basically wrote down a list of shades I saw online, then blindly picked up the products recommended by other bloggers and Youtubers. Of course, I ended up with items that would look good on different people, but none of them suited me ... This time when I was abroad and visiting a MAC store, I decided to browse a bit. This is how I coincidentally came across this shade called Lovelorn. It has a Lustre finish, and to be honest I don't think I've heard of it before - but fell in love in the store. I used to have MAC Creme Cup which was too nude for me, and this is like it's more cool toned pink big sister. It's a gorgeous color and has an amazing, really glossy finish. It's not drying and looks really beautiful on my lips. I also love the formula and the scent. This shade needs to be talked about more and if you have access to a MAC counter, please swatch it - maybe it would be perfect for you, I am really in love with it!

MAC lipsticks cost from $16-22€ and can be found in MAC stores worldwide or on their website.

Share your opinion:

  1. Ooh, this looks so pretty! I'm really loving pink lips at the moment, MAC's Speak Louder is one of my all time favourites.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I've had my eye on that for a while but they didn't have it in the store I went to. Seems lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Would have loved to have seen it on your lips! I'm going to check this colour out the next time I'm at a MAC counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so sorry - the photos didn't come out okay and I took about 100 of them :(

      Delete
  3. čudovit odtenek, vendar me zanima kako izgleda na tvojih ustnicah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ful mi je žal, ker ni fotke, ampak sem jih res naredila 80-100 in niti ena ni bila OK :( Bom poskusila še in objavim v kakšnem kasnejšem postu. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this shade! This and crosswires are pretty much what summer means to me! :-) Would have loved to see it in action!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel terrible not posting it on the lips but I took a bajillion photos and not one came out okay. I'll try to post it sometime in the future. :)

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous pink! Perfect for summer :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade is one of the most gorgeous! I like it so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty! I've seen so many MAC lipsticks on blogs but never this one. x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so underrated! But a gorgeous shade nonetheless x

      Delete
  8. Love MAC Lovelorn! I bought it years ago, but would always lose it, so I would end up buying another one. When I moved into a new place last year, I found all the Lovelorn's I had lost, so I now have 4 Lovelorn's in my possession LOL. Well, guess I'll never run out of it now! :P

    xo Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha what a cute story! :P You're set for life I think! x

      Delete
  9. This was actually my first ever mac lipstick and i still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah how lovely! My first one was Snob and it looked horrendous on me, though I continued to wear it for the better part of my senior year in high school ... *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color! Love your blog :)!!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely ! I have to swatch it next time I go to a MAC store !

    Pin-Up Jet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Čudovit odtenek! Tudi jaz sem lani, ko sem bila v Ameriki, v MAC trgovino prišla s seznamom, na katerem so bili najljubši odtenki blogerk/youtuberk. Sem imela pa srečo, da sem bila edina v trgovini, in mi je prodajalka nosila šminke za probavat na ustnicah kot po tekočem traku. Res sem vesela, da sem jih sprobala na sebi preden sem kakšno kupila, ker mi tudi ena iz seznama ni pristajala. Vse so bile presvetle za moj ten kože ali pa imele rozkasto peachy podton, ki zgleda grozno na meni. Tako da ja, potem sem z enim čist XY odtenkom (Hot Gossip) odkorakala ven. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!