L'Occitane Vanille et Narcisse

Tuesday, January 28, 2014




This L'Occitane perfume was a gift for writing the letter of the month to Slovenian Elle magazine. I was so so happy when I got it! When I entered I didn't even know what the prize was, but oh my, they really hit the spot with this fragrance, because it's exactly the kind of perfume I love.

Vanille & Narcisse is a very grown-up sweet scent. By that I mean that yes, it is still sweet, but in a sophisticated way. The daffodil in the fragrance is really lovely and there's also some gardenia in there (this automatically means I'll love it, because I'm a sucker for gardenia). There's also a hint of ctirus with bergamot and some tonka bean, which I already love in my Burberry Brit. The perfume is really strong, which I definitely appreciate since so many scents these days are incredibly watered down. The sillage is lovely as well, not overwhelming, but still quite strong. Longevity of the scent is about 8 hours on me - it doesn't smell strong the whole time, but fades into a pleasant sweetness. That it lasts such a long time is a miracle in itself since my skin pretty much drinks up perfume.

In terms of similarity, this fragrance really reminds me of YSL's Cinema - so similar, but at the same time different - they are in the same scent family.

All in all, a beautiful fragrance that comes in simple, but pretty packaging. Makes me really want to try the other fragrances from this line - it's called La Collection de Grasse (which is a town in France famous for their parfumeries, I've actually been there)  & all the perfumes seem amazing. I think they've also just brought out some new perfumes in this line, so I'm excited to give them a sniff!

Slovenske bralke boste za parfum odštele okrog 55€ za 75 ml na strani http://www.loccitane.si/.

Share your opinion:

  1. I was just in L'Occitane the other day smelling all their gorgeous scents! What a coincidence! :) I did end up liking Lavande, even though my mom told me that it smelt like a man :)

    Who would've thought that L'Occitane would have such a great fragrance line!

    How do you find the longevity of the perfume? :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally really like masculine fragrances! :) They really do have amazing scents, I also like Rose 4 Reines. As I mentioned this one lasts quite a while, which was surprising, but it does fade, just a heads up! :) x

      Delete
  2. Jaaa, Rose 4 Reines je moj najljubši :)



    Makeup giveaway on - www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. joj ti parfumčki so men tko noro dobri! pa nou blog, oh my <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ful! Js bi mela kar vse, sam so res predragi. :( A ti je všeeeeč? I love it! ^^ x

      Delete
  4. Oh this sound like just me thing, next time I am in town I have to give it a smell. Thanks for recommending!!

    I am running a giveaway over on my blog, be sure to check it out and enter!!
    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. Will check your blog out now. :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing prize- I never win anything! I bet it smells divine- I will keep an eye open for it to try!

    Sarah-Jane xo
    www.vintagemagpies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either - guess I got lucky! :) Definitely give it a sniff x

      Delete
  6. Sounds amazing, upam, da ga bom kmalu imela čast povohati. :D
    Btw, kje nabaviš angleške revije, v Mladinski? :)
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upam tut js! Glamour kupujem kar v Šparu na Viču, ga imajo skoraj povsod, Allure sem pa do zdaj našla samo v Nami pri revijah (dddd). V MK ga niso mel. xx

      Delete
  7. Aaa, ti si bla tista, ki je dobila! :D Pa še take lepe rožice <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) Rožice pa 0,80€ v Šparu, sem morala vzet. :) x

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos - and it's so nice to discover a new fragrance that not everybody is wearing!
    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie! :) And yes, some scents are just overrated since everyone wears them *cough* D&G Light Blue *cough*

      Delete
  9. lovely blog and pictures! i feel like i can smell the fresh fragrance!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it I described it well then? Haha & thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  10. I wish I could just scratch my screen and smell this! Love the pic set up! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seriously need to invented scrath'n'sniff computers. Thank you lovely! <3

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!