Rebels & Plums

Friday, September 20, 2013



I wanted to talk about the two lipsticks I mentioned in my Fall Must-Haves in more detail. They are both by MAC and are in the shades Rebel and Plumful.

Let's start with Rebel. It is a Satin finish, first of all. The color is something between a pink and a red and quite blue toned. It looks pretty scary in the tube, but it's actually not a vampy color at all, it's a nice and vibrant reddish pink. It is a statement color nonetheless and I think it would look good on pretty much anyone. The only problem I have with this one is the fact that it ALWAYS ends up on my teeth (not painting a pretty picture here, am I?), it has gotten to the point where I don't even want to wear it, even though it's one of my favourite colors. So while I love this one for what it is, I'm still on the hunt for a darker burgundy/purple version.

Next up is Plumful, a Lustre finish. I love this one for everyday in the fall, it's my go-to color. The toned down dusky pink with plum notes is absolutely gorgeous, and I also love the fact that it doesn't have any shimmer in it. It's super creamy and a really nice formula. Unfortunately it doesn't really flatter my skintone in my opinion, but I still love it and intend on wearing it a lot. It's a really easy-to-wear shade as it doesn't require a lip liner and you can just slap it on and be ready to go!

MAC lipstick prices vary around the globe, and you can get them online (if they deliver to your country) or in stores worldwide.

Share your opinion:

  1. Obe sta ful lepi! Zdaj mi je malo žal, da nisem več MAC šmink probala in kupila v ZDA, ker so mi jih prodajalke tam lepo razkuževale, da sem jih probavala na ustnicah. Upam, da v Londonu isto delajo, da se grem še mal Januarja mazat, haha. :D

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uf, pa tm so še tako poceni. :D Meni jih niso še nikol razkuževal, zato pač vedno zguglam swatche, da približno vem, kaj pričakovat na ustnicah ... Pomoje bi ti tedve obe ful pasali, pa mogoče tut Creme Cup, ki je na meni grozna. :D Blagor ti za London *jealous* xx

      Delete
  2. They both look so pretty, especially Plumful! Lustres are my favourite MAC finish so I'll have to check this one out <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'm glad you like them, Jennie! Plumful is the perfect fall everyday shade IMHO. :) x

      Delete
  3. Plumful is my favorite shade of any lipstick ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the Rebel one. Looks stunning!

    www.blushingincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, just wish it looked more like it does in the tube, but oh well. :) x

      Delete
  5. Rebel looks just gorgeous! Such a beautiful mulberry colour!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebel je prekrasna, sta pa oba odtenka super za jesen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Plumful, I wear it almost every day these days ;) it looks kind of pink on me, I think I will try to find a similar but slightly deeper version of this shade :) but I think Plumful is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a MAC store near me, but they are so rare in Germany. I really love those colors :)

    Anna / http://annakatxo.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!