Favourite nailpolishes of 2011

Friday, January 6, 2012

In my 2011 favourites, I did mention a few of my favourite nailpolishes from the year, but then I thought to myself that well, that just won't do! I consider myself a nailpolish junkie so briefly mentioning a couple of shades is NOT enough! I need to do a whole post on them. :)

I'm also posting this because I have a lot of new followers who hadn't been following my older blog, so you probably haven't seen all of my posts over there. There are some I'm actually quite proud of, so I decided to share some of the photos with you.

So, here they are, my favourite nailpolishes of 2011!


1. Orly Pure Porcelain
A beautiful nude shade, opaque with 2 coats. This nailpolish is really good quality and it is, in my opinion, the perfect nude!


2. OPI Tickle my France-y
Another one of my favourite nudes, this one is a bit darker than the previous one. I love the colour, it's sort of taupe/pink, really pretty. This is pretty sheer, I have to use 3-4 coats because I don't like my nailtips to be visible.


3. Orly Lollipop
A gorgeous lilac-y polish, perfect for spring in my opinion. Yes, I'm already preparing for spring, even though it's only January, haha. You can use only 1 coat if you're careful with application.


4. OPI Done out in deco
This is more grey in real life than on photos, really unique shade. Something between lavender and grey colour. 2 coats.


5. China Glaze Spontaneous
A gorgeous violet shade. Opaque with one coat if you apply it carefully.


6. Orly Bubbly Bombshell
Amazing purple glitter nailpolish, so in love with this! I had to apply 2-3 coats for perfect opacity. For removing glitters, I recommend the foil method. Here is a really great how-to by an amazing fellow blogger, Nihrida.


7. OPI Mod about you
My favourite nailpolish of all time, I'm sure you can see why. <3 It's the most perfect baby pink. I will admit that it's a nightmare to apply, it's soooo streaky. I used 3 coats.


8. Orly Everything's rosy
My go-to polish for everyday, I wear this all the time. It's the perfect dusky rose colour that just goes with everything. 1 coat if you're careful.


9. OPI Elephantastic Pink
Amazing bright pink colour, perfect for summer. 2 coats.


10. Orly Fancy Fuchsia
This is AMAZING, the perfect Barbie pink colour. It's almost neon, it's so bright. 1 coat if you're careful.


11. Essie Borrowed & Blue
I adore this colour, but everyone else hates it, haha. My dear mother's comment when she saw it on my nails was, 'Do you have the plague?' Lovely. It's a beautiful baby blue. Opaque with 2 coats.


And here is my favourite manicure from 2011, I did this ruffian in April and I'm still in love with it. Silver glitter and navy look so pretty together, like a starry night. <3

Looking over this post, I have to say the winning nailpolishes of the year are definitely from Orly. If you had asked me last year, I would've said OPI for sure, but Orly takes the cake this time. Their polishes are amazing quality, almost all are opaque with just one coat and they last a long time, too. But I do wish they were a little bit more creative with their names. :)

What were your favourite polishes in 2011?

Share your opinion:

  1. i absolutely adore nail varnishes so this post is like heaven to me! i've never tried an orly nail varnish but after this post i may try some of the colours you recommended! my favourite colours from this post overall probably have to be essie borrowed and blue, opi mod about you and orly pure porcelain. they're just gorgeous! i adore the last picture too! i wish i could do something like that! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow perfect! I love the light purple OPI - that's my favourite! now following :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely think that navy blue nailpolish with the silver edge is totally beautiful !

    Morgan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orly Pure Porcelain really does look like the perfect nude! You have the best nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ beth sutton Oooh, I'm so glad you like it! You MUST try Orly, they really make some of the best polishes out there, and you get a lot more ml in the bottle! The last mani is super simple actually, you should try it! <3

    @ Natalie Leung Thanks so much for following, it means the world to me! :)

    @ Morgan Thank you, I love it too! x

    @ Tamsin It is, I just put it on my nails right now and fell in love again. <3 Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the light pastel colours - beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mah čisto vsi so mi všeč! sedaj nujno rabim kakšnega Orly-ja! ;))
    In tudi tale ruffian je prekrasna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Essie Borrowed & Blue mi je najbol ušeč pa ful lepe nohtke maš! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the blue ones and the orly neon one <3
    the navy glitter polish is so gorgeous!!

    have you seen my notd posts?
    http://keyolapey.blogspot.com/search/label/vernis%20%C3%A0%20ongles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveee the last one, its so pretty
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Vivian Yes, I love them too - perfect for spring <3

    @ Anna. Jaaa nujno sprobaj Orlyje, zakon so! Hvala za kompliment <3

    @ Mushei O hvala, men je tut ta izmed najljubših, ampak se ful sekiram, ker ni nobenmu všeč haha. x

    @ keyola pey Thank you sweetie, I'll go check out your post now! x

    @ Carissa Thank you, that was one of my favourites too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all these colours, they look so nice! Makes me wanna buy some new colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All lovely colours, but OPI Elephantastic Pink is my fav.. and you have the most pretty hands and nails ever. i want them! haha. you could be a handmodel xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have some lovely pastel/nude colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Lipgloss Kisses Me too! <3

    @ Rachhh. You should! Everyone needs some new nail polishes in their life. :)

    @ Ella'martine I love that one too, it's perfect for summer and puts me in a really good mood. Ohh that is so sweet of you, my hands are one of the rare things I actually like about myself! <3

    @ April Lily I love me some pastels and nudes! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vau, tazadnja mi je najboljša. Prekrasne nohte maš! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great choices. You picked a variety of lovely colours! My favourite one has to be Lollipop by Orly. Great post(:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! I love the look of Tickle my France-y and Elephantastic Pink! That reverse manicure is so cute, I'm definitely going to try that out xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those! Absolutely adore the first two, gorgeous!!!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Najbolj ti pašejo svetli odtenki! zelo lepi nohti in čudoviti dolgi prsti!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ ela Ooo, hvala! <3

    @ nikolina(: I love Lollipop too, it's such a wearable colour, I put it on my nails and don't have to worry about my clothes at all, it goes with (almost) anything. Thank you! <3

    @ Joy Yes those two are both gorgeous! However I'm trying to find a dupe for Tickle my France-y as I hate the fact that it's a 3-4 coater. Will let you know if I find one! x

    @ TheUrbanUmbrella Thank you! <3

    @ Stravadorskiy Oooo, ares? Hvala lepa, in hvala za komentar <3

    @ pumpkin* <33

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, I've actually never tried an Orly polish, think I'll be on the look-out for some of those in future!
    The manicure at the end is AMAZING, such a great combination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow,such beautiful polishes. Definitly going to try an Orly polish soon, now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the colour of number 8! its so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Še dobro, da vse, ki so mi všeč, že imam. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, uau! Kako ti paše Orly Pure Porcelain! Čudovito zgleda na tebi, ampak sama ga ne bi nosila. Si pa že dolgo želim Orly Fancy fuchsia in tvoja slika je to željo samo še povečala. Res imaš super nohte!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Francesca. You must try Orly, their nail polishes are amazing! :) And thanks for the compliment <3

    @ Essjay23x Yes, please do! x

    @ Annie Ho Yeeees, that's the perfect everyday colour, I wear it all the time :)

    @ Ivana Good for you :)

    @ Naara Thanks! <3

    @ Anela Ooooo, hvala za vse komplimente! <3 Definitivno rabiš Fancy Fuchsio, najbolj amazing pink ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your nails are gorgeous :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. i've never seen orly before, gonna have to double check my local shops. OPI mod about you is such a gorgeous colour!!x

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love many of your favourite polishes! i have many similar colours in other brands which are my fav too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are very pretty swatches and great colors..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty colors :)
    I don´t like it either when my nails show through :)
    I just have to say that you have beautiful nails :) I wish my nails would grow that long but they are so brittle.. no matter what I do they always break :/
    Oh I just love OPI names.. Whenever Im in a store where they have OPI here where I live I tend to look at the names of the polishes cause they are so adorable and funny :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love Love the first two colours! so pretty! the light colours look great on you!

    http://www.thecurrentlyobsessed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. The first 3 looks absolutely gorgeous on your hands! ♥ Thank you for commenting on my blog, I'm loving yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is totally weird but you have such nice nails! Mine are just so stumpy and short :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey this is a great post
    Has helped me with a few colour choices !
    Will follow you !
    Love India Xxx
    www.thejewelbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. @ Izy Thank you! Looking at the photos they seem so weird to me, haha x

    @ Jess You can also order online, I mostly buy Orly from Ebay because it's so much cheaper! And yes Mod about you is just perfect <3

    @ a, Oooh, good to hear we have some matching favourites! :)

    @ Amy Thanks!

    @ shortylegsbeauty Oooh thank you so much... Actually my nails aren't that nice, they break and peel terribly, I'll really have to do something about that. Yes, I love OPI names too, they're just the best <3

    @ harrietbambridge At least someone does, haha. I love it too! <3

    @ Style Servings Thank you! :)

    @ Mehreen Thanks so much! <3

    @ fionkafield Ooh, thank you, and it's no problem! Thanks so much for stopping by. x

    @ Phoebe Limanta Oh thank you, they really aren't that nice, I must take better care of them. I'm sure yours are lovely! x

    @ inida Thanks! And thank you so much for following, it means a lot to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have OPI Mod About You on right now! It's such a timeless, flattering color, love it! Great favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow those are all such fab nail polishes! i put some on my nail polish list! i LOVEEEEE Bubbly Bombshell!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The one colour I wore again & again was Nails Inc Cadogan Square. It's a really gorgeous nude/taupe. It was my first ever nude polish, and it's so flattering & quite classic! x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Orly polishes you've pictured, especially Bubbly Bombshell- ah-maz-ing! x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love ur blog <3 plz check mine out and add if u like it :) follow me ill follow you
    kissandblushmakeuptm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have nearly all of these colours in my salon and funnily enough theyre all very popular shades..! you paint your nails so well!

    http://tzeyien89.blogspot.com/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. omg I just fell in love with "Tickle my France-y"
    I need to go buy it! Lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. This must be the most brill post, so amny beautiful colours. The final manicure is so gorgeous, I love a bit of sparkle on my nails. I cannot possibly choose my favourite of this year!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. loving the tickle my france-y!
    followed your blog,follow my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. @ Caitlin Mod about you is soooo awesome, isn't it? The prettiest colour ever <3

    @ Megan Bubbly Bombshell is awesome, but make sure to look at the foil method for removing glitters, otherwise you'll lose your mind! x

    @ Kat Nightingale Oooh, it sounds beautiful! I love wearing nudes, they go with everything <3

    @ Emily Has Dimples x Thank you! P.s. I have dimples too! :P

    @ Kiss and blush makeup Thanks, I'll check your blog out :)

    @ Tze Yien89 Really? Well I can see why, they're all such gorgeous colours! And thank you, I try! x

    @ Elsa Espindola Yeeees it's amazing, I wish it didn't need 3-4 coats for perfect opacity though :(

    @ lucillejoy Ooooh thank you so much! <3

    @ pricilla lumantoro Isn't it gorgeous? :) x

    @ Lydz Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  48. And I thought I liked Orly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. you've got beautiful nails. yes the silver & navy manicure look beautiful on you.

    i love your blog, :) i've started following you. check out my blog & follow back if you like, i'll me more than grateful.

    http://vivalaivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. you nails are gorgeous. thanks for commenting on my blog! following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. summer! have you been in my nail stash?? lol opi mod about you is my all time favorite. orly porcelain is second.. done out in deco, spontaneous and this list goes on! we have similar tastes in nail colors (the cremes)!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow I adore the manicure in the last picture, gorgeous and classy! I need to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. @ KarenD Hahaha, I'll admit to having a small obsession with Orly! :D x

    @ Amanda You don't, they are in terrible condition at the moment, really!

    @ vivalaivy Thank you so much <3 I'll check your blog out now!

    @ Jacq Thank you! And thanks for following, you made my day. <3

    @ Kleopatra Hvalaaa :)

    @ yummy411 Hahaha that is too funny! You have good taste girl! :P

    @ Monika Thank you so much! <3 Yes please try it, it's super easy.

    @ Coley Ty <3

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful choices! I'm currently trying to decide on a nail polish for my wedding and I'm really stumped! It's about the last thing I need to sort and I just can't decide! I don't know whether to go fir nude or pale pink. X

    ReplyDelete
  55. gorgeous colors and i love the shape of your nails. especially love how you did the last nail style.

    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. OMG Summer, I envy you lol. You have pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Amazing colours. :)Really want the OPI Elephantastic Pink. xox

    ReplyDelete
  58. your nails are the perfect shape, why won't mine grow like that?! haha. lovely post x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I realy want the nude ones ! wittylip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. totalno so mi vsi všeč, ampk priznam da si MORAM kupit pure porcelain odkar sm našla še tvoje fotke =)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the orly one :) btw your nails look perfect.

    xx lovely blog!

    snowwhite90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I've been building up my nail polish collection recently and am so glad I took a look at your blog - this post has some gorgeous colours I want to try! I've not tried Orly polishes before but am definitely going to invest in some after seeing your swatches.
    Chloe xx
    www.thebeautyatlas.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!