Trialing - New Makeup Revolution Products

Tuesday, July 1, 2014




I've received some more Makeup Revolution products for review, so I thought I'd just quickly go over what I got. I do apologize if these photos aren't the best - I feel like I over-Photoshopped, sorry about that!

I got this package from Licila.si, and Tilen picked it up for me while I was at his place. I waited up and opened this in the middle of the night when he came home, I was that excited. I was really, really hoping I'd find the Sugar and Spice Blush Palette (I am the crazy blusher lady after all), but unfortunately it wasn't it there (I just might make a sneaky purchase in the near future). Instead, I received a gloss, three pigments and a nail polish. I was a bit surprised by the choice of products (they send them out, I didn't know what I would receive), but I realized I got some items I wouldn't have ordered myself, so it was a great chance to play with them and try out some new looks.

Let's start with the lip gloss. It's called Amazing Sheer Lip Gloss in the shade Must Be Strong (Slovenian, English). It's a nice sheer red, and smells really nice! However, it's really nothing special. It does cost only 2€, but I prefer a stronger lip color, though this will be nice for when I want a sheen and a bit of red for every day. Wouldn't get it myself, but if you like sheer red glosses, you will really enjoy it. I think I'll wear it a lot at the beach. Of course, I forgot to swatch the lip gloss for you (silly).

Next up, pigments. To be honest, I almost never wear eyeshadow. Sometimes I just use a neutral shade on my lid, because I don't want my eyeliner to smudge, but most of the time, I just skip it. I've never used a pigment before. I really like the colors I received, though. The first one is a really pretty, almost matte black called Starless (Slovenian, English). I've never had a black eyeshadow beside the one in my Urban Decay palette, and I just swatched it once - it's really pigmented and pretty! However, on every occasion I've tried to experiment with black eyeshadow, I ended up with a severe case of panda eye ... Can someone teach me how to do a proper smokey look, please? I also received Levity (SlovenianEnglish), a gorgeous lavender shade. This is the least pigmented, but still pretty strong. I'm so glad they sent me this shade, because I have green eyes and I've tried creating a look with it, and it came out super pretty. It's just a bit hard for me to photograph it, because my eyes are very hooded. And finally, I received Confront (SlovenianEnglish), my favourite. It looks exactly like NARS Orgasm to me, except with more shimmer. Absolutely beautiful, and I'm planning on using it as a highlighter. You need the tiniest bit though, because it's very pigmented. As far as my opinion goes on the pigments - I wouldn't get them myself, because I'm really clumsy and they can get a bit messy. However, the colors are beautiful and the pigmentation is great. Also, they only cost 2€!

The last product I received was a nail polish in the shade Call me naive (Slovenian, English). I got really excited when I saw this nail polish, because it looks exactly like my all-time favourite, Essie Fiji (or Romper Room, they're basically the same). I applied it today, and have a few opinions ... The nail polish was quite sheer and streaky, I added three coats and didn't like the way it came out. Looks okay on the photo, but it was very streaky. It's not milky enough to use it for a French mani, maybe it would work over a white nail polish though. I really like the brush though! It's very firm and not flimsy at all, so it makes application super easy. Again, it only costs 2€ - bargain. I really want to try their glitter nail polishes as well.

What is your favourite Makeup Revolution product?


Share your opinion:

  1. The photos are so pretty! I've never tried Makeup Revolution, Confront looks amazing though.

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! They make some lovely products :)

      Delete
  2. Your photos are always so perfect and I loved the pink pigment!!!

    http://hayleyparisxoxo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hayley! They do take a bit of work and effort :) I love that one as well!

      Delete
  3. Odtenek laka mi je zelo všeč:) Jaz sem tudi dobila enega. Glede na to kako poceni so, res niso slabi. Mi pa pri mojem ni bilo všeč, ker je čopič puščal črte pri nanosu in nisem mogla enakomerno nanesti drugega sloja laka. Čudno, ker je bil prvi sloj pa perfekten:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je tudi odtenek krasen. Ja, moj je tudi puščal črte! Na sliki se žal ne vidi, ampak nanos res ni bil lep. :(

      Delete
  4. wau, drugi in tretji pigment sta zelo lepe barve. :)
    jaz sem tudi prejela lip gloss, pa mi je kar všeč, sploh z barvo so zadeli v polno. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se strinjam :) Kakšen gloss si pa dobila?

      Delete
    2. Tukaj mam sliko swatcha: http://keepcalmandwearlipstick17.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-in-june-2.html je pa odtenek Baby Try..sem primerjala z mojo Maybelline šminko Fuchsia Flash, pa je kar podoben odtenek, samo manj pigmentiran..:)

      Delete
  5. I love the colour of that nail polish but it's such a shame it's streaky! I have from OPI in nearly the same shade as that makeup revolution one and it goes streaky too - kills me xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really difficult shade to get right! I have one from OPI, two from Essie and this one, and they're all hard to apply.

      Delete
  6. The pigments look amazing, along with the colour of that polish!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! :) I love the lilac and rose gold one.

      Delete
  7. Great post ,love!You have great blog:)Following you now via GFC,hope you’ll do the same!
    xoxo Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The varnish and pigments look beautiful, definitely picking them up on my next Superdrug trip :)

    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have their products in an actual drugstore? I thought they were online only. Jealous! :)

      Delete
  9. That nail polish is such a pretty colour! I love the look of the Confront pigment too, although like you I'd be using it as a blush or highlight colour.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor & Femme et Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame the nail polish is streaky, I love the color as well. I'm gonna use Confront today! :)

      Delete
  10. Tudi jaz nisem navdušena nad lakom. Čopič je čudno trd in mi pušča sledi/črte na nohtih. :/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!