How I remove my makeup - Double Cleanse Method

Monday, June 30, 2014



I wanted to talk about the way I remove makeup. To tell you the truth, I totally used to be a makeup wipe kind of girl - they're just so easy to use! But I realized they really didn't remove all of my makeup, and they really stung my skin as well and made it dry out. So I made the switch to micellar solutions, and I don't think I'm ever going back - they're just so easy to use. But I also like to use a cleanser after my micellar solution, just to thoroughly cleanse my face and make sure there are absolutely no traces of makeup left.

The micellar solution I am currently using is REN Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water. This has a lovely scent, and I was a bit worried about it because strong scents usually irritate my eyes, but this works well and doesn't sting at all. If you like floral, rose scents, this is the one for you! It was, however, an acquired taste - when I first got this, I actually really disliked it, but now that I've found the right way to use it, I'm hooked. You have to apply it to a cotton pad, then, instead of pushing it around your eye area, let it sit on your eye for a few seconds, then swipe off all the makeup. Price is around 18€, you can get it at John Lewis, or in Slovenia, in drugstores like Müller and the Oblak online store.

Since I want to make sure all traces of makeup are gone, I like to go in with a cleanser as well. Right now I'm using the Dr Scheller Pomegranate Washgel for sensitive skin, and it is really nice. Softly scented, clear, and very gentle, it's easy to wash off as well. I use it in the shower or just in the sink, and it really makes my skin soft and clean. The price for this is really great, around 6€. International readers can find it here, while those from Slovenia should head to Ecco Verde.

How do you remove your makeup?

Share your opinion:

  1. Jaz tudi na tak način odstranjujem makeup, se mi zdi, da najboljše odstrani makeup v celoti. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se strinjam! :) In me kar mrazi ob misli na mene iz preteklosti, ko se drgnem po obrazu s tistimi robčki za 1€ in grem pol kar spat. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by the cleanser - my skin loves pomegranate so it might like this! x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, definitely give it a go, it's lovely! x

      Delete
  3. I double cleanse as well!! I find that it is the best trick to keep my complexion clear :) I use the an oil cleanser first to get rid of all my makeup and then I use the Origins Checks and Balances as a foamy cleanser after :)

    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) I wish I did it every night though, I've been falling asleep with all my makeup on way too often!

      Delete
  4. I love double cleansing too, I just need to feel my skin super clean. I still stick to my usual Bioderma but that REN offering sounds pretty interesting as well as the Dr Scheller cleanser which I should try sometimes soon!

    x Giada | Miel Café

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, let me know if you try them! I really disliked Bioderma :( x

      Delete
  5. Se mi zdi, da z enim čiščenjem res ne gre odstraniti vsega makeupa:). Jaz uporabljam micelarne vodice za odstranjevanje očesnega makeupa, nato mleko za odtranitev ostalega makeupa in nato še en gel za tisto temeljito končno čiščenje:) Drugače se hitro naredijo kakšni dodatni mozolji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uf, si pridna :) In ja, tudi jaz opazim razliko, če si ne očistim mejkapa, koži ni nič kaj všeč ...

      Delete
  6. Both products sound lovely, great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love double cleansing as well. I just don't feel right going to sleep if there might be any makeup left on my face.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had that problem, I fall asleep with everything on way too often! :(

      Delete
  8. Podoben način imam tudi jaz - najprej micelarna, nato gel za umivanje obraza. Se obnese najbolje :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cleanser looks really good i didn't know ten done a micellar water and i love rose scents so i need to try this out i also used to use wipes for everything but after using micellar water things have changed
    www.fashionandbeautytribes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely! I think we all started using micellar waters after (over)using wipes, it's so practical!

      Delete
  10. Tudi jaz uporabljam to 'dvojno metodo'. Najprej si z Biodermo odstranim makeup, potem pa še očistim obraz z Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser.

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, tega si pa že tko dolg želim probat, da si ga res moram omislit v bližnji prihodnosti. :)

      Delete
  11. Jaz pa najprej uporabim milo dr. bronner's magic soap tea tree, pol pa še miceralno (drugače se mi zdi da preveč vatic porabim, z miceralno) :) Tak da se pol res vse odstrani :)) je pa res, da sem bla prej dostikrat lena in sem šla velikokrat spat z makeupom.. :/ shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj js isto, še zdej se mi to dogaja, da kar zaspim ... :(

      Delete
  12. I also used wipes for some time, before I realized that they should actually be plan B for removing makeup. Now I make my own solution out of virgin oil and aloe vera, since my eyelids are veeeery sensitive and it works perfectly for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds absolutely lovely! Do you have a post on it? I'd love to try it!

      Delete
  13. Ok, hm. Jaz pa ravno obratno. Najprej gel in voda in potem micelarna. Meni bistveno bolj ustreza in manj izsuši kožo, če ne pustim 'klora' na obrazu, pomoje je kaka fora s pH vode? Priporočam v test, meni so se precej zmanjšale luskice in dehidrirana območja.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!