Prada Candy EDP

Wednesday, May 14, 2014


I have another perfume review today! Recently I had the chance to review a fragrance from Fragrance Direct, a shop I've loved for years and have shopped in their online store plenty of times before. Needless to say, I was incredibly excited about the opportunity, and when they told me I could pick out two perfumes, I was ecstatic! At that time, Mother's day was just coming up in Slovenia, and I decided to choose one perfume for my mom. She has wanted Prada Candy for absolute ages, so I decided to give this bottle to her. I just told her yesterday I wanted to write a review, and she guiltily admitted she hadn't even opened her bottle yet. After years of wanting it, she was so scared of using it up she didn't even want to start spraying it. Bless! I assured her I'll get her a new bottle when this one is gone - let's hope she starts using it soon. That aside, I've had the fragrance on for the whole day and can now write this review for you!

Prada Candy did not intrigue me at the time it arrived on the market, back in 2011. I wasn't really into sweet perfumes at the time, I prefered strong white florals. However, these days I'm all about a bit of sweetness and I really love this beauty of a perfume. First of all, the packaging is absolutely lovely and looks quite luxurious; I also like the advertisement with the mod illustration. And to top it all off, the model of the fragrance is French actress Lea Seydoux (I just loved her in La Belle et la Bete). The warm amber liquid inside is a story in itself. I say warm because the scent actually makes me feel cozy, warm and pretty. I was immediately seduced with the most prominent note of caramel, a scent I just love. Vanilla is very complimentary to the caramel and they create an amazing, rich base for the scent. It has a hint of musk, as well as some benzoin. I personally had to research the last note - turns out it's an oil extracted from trees, which is reminiscent of vanilla. That would explain the slight woody scent. All together they make an absolutely beautiful fragrance which is more grown up from other sweet scents like Fantasy and Pink Sugar. I'd also like to mention that the perfume is very strong on the first spray and you will be enveloped in a lovely cloud of fragrance for at least a couple of hours. It needs reapplying in about 3-4 hours, but if it were any stronger, it would be hard to wear because of the notes. Just a beautiful fragrance, and I think I've successfully convinced myself I must have it as well ...

You can find Prada Candy on Fragrance Direct for as low as 44€, and you can also check out the its new flanker, Prada Candy Eau Florale.
Click 'read more' for Slovenian version.


Današnja ocena vključuje čudovito dišavo Prada Candy. Lepotička prihaja v luksuzni embalaži, navdušil pa me je tudi oglas zanjo, na katerem žari francoska igralka Lea Seydoux. Že samo ime razkriva sladkost parfuma, bi pa rada omenila, da je kilometre daleč od vsem poznanih Fantasy in Pink Sugar. Je nekako odrasla verzija teh parfumov, mene osebno spominja na mešanico Fancy Jessice Simpson, YSL Cinema in še kanček Chopardovega Kašmir. Končni učinek je bogata, močna dišava, ki traja na moji koži 3-4 ure, vendar bi daljša obstojnost zaradi not znala biti precej moteča, saj je parfum ob nanosu zelo močan.

Najbolj očitno nota v parfumu je gotovo karamela, pa ne tista zažgana, ki smo je vajeni iz nekaterih sladkih parfumov. V kombinaciji s sladko vanilijo ustvari zares čudovit vonj. Všeč mi je tudi minimalen dodatek mošusa in pa benzoin, olje, ki se pridobiva iz določene vrste dreves. Tako sladka dišava postane tudi nekoliko lesna, čeprav vonj karamele še vedno prevladuje. Sama po sebi se mi zdi Prada Candy zelo drugačna od sladkih parfumov, ki smo jih navajeni. Parfum sem si za oceno sposodila od mame, in mislim, da mi je uspelo prepričati samo sebe, da ga nujno potrebujem ... Ups!

Če imaš kreditno kartico, lahko Prada Candy poiščeš na Fragrance Direct, kjer boš za 30 ml odštela okoli 46€ s poštnino vred. Če bi raje plačala po povzetju, pa poglej še na spletno stran salma.si.

Share your opinion:

  1. Uff super je, ampak jaz se ga hitro naveličam-kot si napisala, ful ima močen vonj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scent a lot, I don't own a bottle myself but I always spray it whenever I'm in a department store! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite an investment, but totally worth it! x

      Delete
  3. I picked up this scent last year and it's definitely one of my favourites, it's gorgeous!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, lucky, I don't want to steal it from my mom, she's wanted it for so long! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Need to try it the next time I am in a shop!

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've been contemplating picking up this fragrance for ages, and I think you described it perfectly - it's such a beautiful, warm and comforting scent. I'm definitely very tempted, maybe when I finish up one of my other perfumes!
    Also that is so sweet about your Mum - my Mum did exactly the same thing!

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! It is really lovely. x

      Delete
  6. This is actually one of my favourite perfumes, even though I thought I would hate it. Great review.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite an unexpected love for me as well, hehe! :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds amazing. I love the bottle design too, it's sophisticated with a splash of girly-ness. :D

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!