Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire

Sunday, April 20, 2014



A few weeks ago, I attended an absolutely beautiful event for the launch of Thierry Mugler's new fragrance, Alien Eau Extraordinaire. To be honest I was quite nervous as I hadn't attended such a posh to-do in ages (and the last time I did it ended horribly, but that's a story for another day).

I was first introduced by my aunt who showed me her Alien perfume and it was love at first sniff. An amazing fragrance and even I could sense that it was a unique creation - and I was only around 17 and didn't know the first thing about perfume at the time. I've never had a Mugler perfume, though I am quite familiar with all of them - love Alien, Angel is amazing, but does not seem to smell nice on me, and Womanity is a scent I just don't understand. But Alien has always been the shining star for me, so I was thrilled to learn more about the new fragrance, Alien Eau Extraordinaire.

The presentation of the fragrance was led by Cyrille Yahin, flown in from France - ooh la la! I loved the presentation, during which we were able to sniff each note in the fragrance. Such an amazing experience as I am very interested in specific notes and it was really cool to smell them all separately. Finally, we tried the fragrance itself and after liking all of the notes, I was not suprised to find I loved, loved, loved the scent of Alien Eau Extraordinaire.

Alien Eau Extraordinaire opens up with notes of citrus - bergamot and my favorite neroli, making me love it at first sniff. It is followed by the middle notes of heliotropes and another favorite - tiare flower (cue me shouting this note during the presentation, because I was so thrilled it was in there, and completely embarassing myself, lovely). And finally, it rounds out very very softly with base notes of amber. J'adore! I do sense a similarity with the original Alien, though I do not think jasmine, which is so prominent in the regular Alien, is present in this concoction, but dare I say I like the addition of Tiare even more?

We were also introduced to another sweet, sugary treat, namely the new Angel Eau Sucrée which will be arriving to Slovenia shortly. My oh my! What a deliciously sweet gourmand scent - I approve. Arriving in a gorgeous frosted bottle in the iconic shape of a star, it has notes of delicious meringue (very caramel-y), vanilla, sweet red berries and a hint of patchouli to round it out. It totally woke up my inner teenager and I would love to own the Eau Sucrée as well - it is limited edition though, so keep an eye out.

The event was so much fun and I just had to include the press photo of the snacks we had - they were made with ingredients used in the notes of the two perfumes, like vanilla, meringue and chocolate, how clever - and might I add, delicious. I really want to thank everyone who made this event possible, it was just lovely, and I got to take home a full bottle of Alien Eau Extraordinaire, which I have been wearing non-stop (this one will get you some serious compliments, ladies).

I'm off to spritz my stockings with perfume now - a tip we got from Monsieur Yahin that I was a bit sceptical about at first, but oh my gosh, it makes fragrance stay on so much longer! Definitely give it a try and remember - be extraordinary.

Share your opinion:

  1. I absolutely love this fragrance from Thierry Mugler. I am a big fan of the usual Alien and when I first had a wiff of this I knew I needed a bottle in my life, major love.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Že od osnovne šole sem obsedena z originalnim Alienom-moj najljubši parfum vseh časov in tudi tale zveni prekrasno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I neeeeed to have a sniff of this! Alien is my absolute favourite perfume ever so if this smells half as good, I'll be one very happy lady.

    Carly | www.floralfidelity.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This sounds like an amazing event. I have always been a perfume lover, so I would love something like this. Alien is also one of my favourite perfumes, so I am definitely going to have to check out this new version.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!