Makeup Revolution - Haul, Swatches, First Impressions

Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Today I received a beautiful package from a Slovenian online drugstore called Licila.si. They just recently got Makeup Revolution, an amazing new UK makeup brand. I was immediately fascinated when I saw these products pop up on blogs, and I was so so happy to receive everything - whoever chose this products knows me well, because they're perfect for me. Of course, I haven't thoroughly tried out the items, but I wanted to post a first impressions blog post along with some swatches, as I like to take photos of my makeup before I actually start wearing it. So here we go!




Above I have swatched the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Essential Shimmers. There are 12 shadows in this palette, ranging from soft and light highlight colors to beautiful golds and bronzes. The palette is warm toned and all in all, nice quality. The first six shades were quite light. None of the colors are chalky, they are nicely pigmented - I especially love the seventh shade, the gorgeous dark bronze which is incredibly buttery and gives off so much color. I cannot say much else as I have not tried it on my eyes yet (I literally got this package an hour ago), but I have to tell you the price - this palette costs 6€. 6!!! With brands like Urban Decay selling their palettes for over 50€, this is amazing. And great quality for the price. Available on Licila.si with free shipping.





I also tried one of their blushers and a lipstick. First of all, do ignore my lips, I've bitten them to oblivion and they're swollen like nobody's business. That aside, let's talk about the lipstick first. This is the Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Beloved, which, at first sight, is quite frightening. However, it is really not that pigmented and is more of a tint or stain. It's a nice color, but it did not impress me that much. It's too drying for my poor lips at the moment and since I have very chapped lips, it really showed those imperfections. Not something for a lip biter like myself, but might be perfect for you. For 2€ though, how can I really complain? Maybe they'll bring out a few different finishes or something, and I'll like those better. Get it on Licila.si with free shipping.

I also have the Makeup Revolution Cream Blusher in Frambroise Shake (bit of a faux pas on Makeup Revolution's part, as it's actually spelled framboise, or maybe it's an incredibly clever word play which I do not get, which would not surprise me). This is totally the stand out product for me. Incredible pigmentation, first of all - on the photo there is only one swipe of the blusher. It feels really nice on my face and dries to a powdery finish. I only have one other cream blush, which is from Illamasqua, and while I love it, it actually stays creamy and smudges as well as feels oily on my skin, which is really unpleasant. This is a beautiful shade with a lovely texture, I just applied it with my fingers and fell in love. Get it on Licila.si with free shipping for the incredible price of 2€ (for comparision, Illamasqua cream blushers are over 20€, and I prefer these).

Finally, I also received Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara, which I did not swatch as the photos did not come out right - I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in it. It has fibers, which I was intrigued by, but it really does not deliver the promised volume. I'd say it's more of a lengthening mascara, and would be perfect for layering.

So to wrap it up - if you are considering getting a few Makeup Revolution bits, I would strongly recommend the palette (beautiful) as well as the cream blushers, which are ah-mazing. The lipstick is not that pigmented, but might work great if you like more of a subtle look and don't have very dried out lips (to be honest, not many lipsticks work for me because my lips are so bad, so do not take this judgement too seriously). And finally, the mascara - not something I'd buy.

Sorry if I seemed a bit negative, I just wanted to be very honest, and I do love two of the products very much! I definitely think I will be picking up more Makeup Revolution bits - I really want to try out the eyeliner as well as more palettes and blushers. So if you're on a bargain, look no further than this lovely new brand. Let's give a round of applause for this new kid on the block!

Share your opinion:

  1. Waaa, super izgleda :)

    Komaj čakam da še svoje sprobam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeshadow palette looks amazing, I'm so tempted to by a couple x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the sound of the palettes they are offering, the price is so great! xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blusher ful lepo zgleda! Zdej si še mene premamla, da bi si kej naročila:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blusher je res amazing, no! In paletka. Dej, sej je tko poceni, da ne bo prevelike luknje v denarnici. :) x

      Delete
  5. Čudoviti odtenki v paleti:) Jaz sem tudi ravno prej odprla moj paket in se že veselim raziskovanja izdelkov:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The palette looks really pretty, I like the shades & the finish of these. I am most interested in their eyeshadows & I like how big their selection is
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have quite a few shades, from super vibrant and colorful ones to great dupes for the Naked palettes. I hope they bring out even more colors. :)

      Delete
  7. se strinjam, šminka tudi meni ni preveč ušeč. Tale paletka pa izgleda odlično :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma ja, škoda ... Upam, da popravijo formulo. :)

      Delete
  8. Blush mi je izjemno všeč. Jaz nisem še ničesar preizkusila, danes ni bilo prave svetlobe za fotkanje, žal. Sem pa zelo zadovoljna z odtenki, ki sem jih dobila, razmišljam, da bi še par stvari naročila (mat tekoče šminke me mikajo :P). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj a niso krasne, jaz bi jih tudi mela. Samo se moram malo omejit, ker imam toliko mejkapa, da se ven ne vidim ... Ko mi česa zmanjka, pa definitivno. :) x

      Delete
  9. Blush sem dobila isti pa mi je super, mat gloss pa...za enkrat razočaranje :(
    Tale šminka je pa čudovita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O ne, kakšna škoda! :( Šminka meni ni kul ...

      Delete
  10. The cream blusher looks lovely and super pigmented! May have to give this a go as I've been on the look out for a cream blusher that is on the cheaper side.

    Abbie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing, Abbie - cannot recommend it enough! x

      Delete
  11. Blushi so res super :) Me mika da bi kakšnega naročila. Pa mat lip glose. Jaz sem tudi dobila šminko, pa mi je zaenkrat kar všeč, je pa res da je nisem še čisto preizkusila.
    lp, Tjaša

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super, me veseli, da je šminka fajn ... Jaz imam ful problematične ustnice, tako da rabim res nekaj vlažilnega.

      Delete
  12. Cream blush mi je super, ostale stvari me pa niso preveč ganile. Sem pa tudi jaz odkrila eno napako pri imenu (pri enem drugem produktu). Veš kolk časa sem razmišljala, če slučajno samo meni ni kaj jasno? Me veseli, da nisem edina. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!