Drugstore Haul & First Impressions!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


I have wanted to post this drugstore haul for ages now, but I thought I would be able to film a video. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to do so, so today I just wanted to share my haul as well as some first impressions on these lovely things in blog post form. Let's get started with some short 'n sweet opinions.

Essie Blanc

First impressions: Surprisingly easy to apply, opaque with two coats. Not even that streaky and quite easy to work with. I really like this color on me! It works with any outfit, especially minimalist and monochromatic ones. I cannot wait to wear it when I'm a bit more tan as well.

Essie Cute as a Button

Gorgeous hot coral shade that looks so pretty on the nails. Opaque with two coats, very shiny and pretty. When I add a topcoat it looks so beautiful!

Essie Grow Stronger

Have only used this two times so far and it wouldn't really be fair to post any definite opinions. Have not noticed any changes yet, my nails are still very brittle.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Eyeshadow in 65 Pink Gold

Absolutely gorgeous shade which I've worn every single day since I've gotten it. Would warmly recommend this to anyone, especially as it is so inexpensive!

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara

I've seen so many mixed reviews on this, I was very sceptical about it. But I absolutely love it! What an awesome mascara. Elongates my lashes like crazy, gives them volume and does not clump in the slightest. I do get panda eyes with it if I use it on my bottom lashes, though, but this has been happening with every mascara lately - any advice?

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer

I've never used a primer before and I wasn't really sure what to expect. This is supposed to give you a luminous dewy finish and I think it does the job well. It's basically white and kind of shimmery, really a bit scary when you pump it out, but it blends nicely. Can also be worn by itself for a pretty healthy glow.

Bourjois 1 2 3 Perfect Foundation

I have to say I'm not in love with this, it's a perfectly nice foundation but for some reason it just does not work on my skin. A bit upset!

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

Absolutely in love with this beaut. Medium coverage, beautiful dewy finish. Full review to come.

Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Curl Mascara

Really interesting curved wand. Love it for volume and it does actually hold a curl.

If you'd like to see reviews on any of these products, please let me know. :)

Share your opinion:

  1. Essie Blanc je najboljkši bel lak, kar jih obstaja zaradi super formule, ki omogoča lahek nanos in prekrivnost v dveh slojih. Mene ful zanima ocena L'Oreal Lumi podlage, tako da komaj čakam post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se strinjam, krasen je! :) Ocena pride, samo, da se mi koža malo spravi v red, zdaj mi je kar nerodno. :( x

      Delete
  2. Lep nabor izdelkov:) Jaz bi zagotovo rada videla kakšno fotografijo z L'Oreal maskaro:) Lumi primer pa jaz uporabljam samo kot osvetljevalec, ker je absolutne preveč svetleč kot podlaga - zame:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitivno pride! Meni je pa tudi kot podlaga super, ga pa mešam s kremo. :) x

      Delete
  3. I just tried Essie's blanc as well! I was impressed as well at how opaque it was a for a white.
    I wish we had that miss mange mascara in Canada.. I don't stop reading great things about it.
    Great post lady!

    xo Sharon | undertheblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing! I do hope you're able to get your hands on Miss Manga soon dear x

      Delete
  4. Essie Blanc pa že precej časa nisem na nohte dala... Si ga grem kar zdajle namazat, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, Essie Blanc je pa tudi na mojem shopping listu! :) Pa novo maskaro bi si tudi privoščila, tale Essence I <3 Extreme je sicer fajn za tako ceno ampak se mi zdi mal messy včasih. :/ Pa tudi jaz sem excited za Lumi Magique review! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ful je lep in še znižan s kuponom, winkedy wink wink. :D x

      Delete
  6. I've never seen or heard about the colour tattoo is pink gold, but it looks so gorgeous I'd love to see it closer up xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really beautiful! I found it by chance while googling shades. Will post a review! :) x

      Delete
  7. I really want to try that Manga mascara, and also the colour tattoos! They look amazing.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently on the hunt for mascara and the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara is one of my options, too many mascaras to choose from!

    Abbie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good one, I like it a lot. Let me know what you end up getting hun :) x

      Delete
  9. Tole maskaro sem si pa ravnokar kupila :) Najprej nisem pričakovala preveč, ker sem bila nad Catrice razočarana, Essence je pa tam nekje, ampak se je, zanimivo, izkazala za eno boljših :D Pa še embalaža mi je všeč, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, Essence ma meni ene izmed najboljših maskar, pa cena je res nepremagljiva - super so! :) x

      Delete
  10. I recently picked up the Miss Mange mascara too and really like it! I have been wearing it as a second coat to one of my other mascaras and it makes my lashes look so thick and long!
    I love the Essie shades that you picked up! Cute as a Button looks perfect for Summer.
    joy&

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? Oooh, I need to try combining it with other mascaras as well. And thank you! Cute as a button is really lovely <3

      Delete
  11. Ah, komaj čakam da izkoristim tisti popust v DMu...L'orealova maskara bo definitivno šla z menoj :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, a ni super ta popust, jaz sem se ga tko razveselila! :) x

      Delete
  12. Super pridobitve! Essie Blanc je pa najboljši bel lak, kar jih je :) Tudi mene zanima ocena Lumi Magique pudra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Urška! <3 Ocena definitivno pride. x

      Delete
  13. Stunning story there. What happened after?
    Thanks!

    My web page garcinia cambogia for weight loss ()

    ReplyDelete
  14. Js mam tut tole od Essence maskaro in je kr ok. Ni najboljša, je pa za to ceno kar v redu. Malo štorasto krtačko ma, ker mam ful majhne oči in kratke trepalnice, ampak nekako gre :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A je to nova maskara od Loreala al je js perj nisem opazila? :D Poročaj tudi o pudru :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uf, sem šele sedaj videla da nisem imela tvojega bloga na RSS. D: Pa sem se spraševala zakaj ne vidim tvojih objav.. ah! No sedaj vem :)!

    Imaš pa ful lepe slike. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I really need to try the miss manga mascara!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!