Candle of the month: Ecosse Hogmanay Shortbread

Friday, February 7, 2014




I haven't done a candle of the month post since the summer, which is just criminal! I've just been burning some boring Ikea candles and didn't really think you'd be interested, but recently I received some absolutely gorgeous candles from Scotland and I just had to share them with you.

Ecosse Candles are made in Scotland and they are made of soy wax. This is great if you're vegan, but also awesome since it's better for the environment, they burn clearer and they're a lot safer as well. Ecosse have the cutest collection called The Tartan Traveller. The candles in this collection come in tins with traditional Scottish scents. Today I wanted to talk about Hogmanay Shortbread. By the way, Hogmanay means Scottish New Year and it's named that because once, shortbread was a luxury reserved for special occasions. At first, I didn't really like this scent as it's very strong. But when you burn it, it's so buttery and delicious I couldn't help but love it! It's something different alright, but I love it. These candles aren't that big, apparently they burn 20-25 hors, which is great for me, since I get tired of scents pretty soon.

You can get this beautiful candle here, and don't forget to check out the rest of the site. It costs 5 pounds (shipping to Slovenia is a bit steep, so I would recommend combining orders and splitting the cost!)

Share your opinion:

  1. men so te svečke u "pločevinkah" tko kjut! :D pa itak sm čis nora na svečke zadne čase tko da tenks za info :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karkoli iz Škotske, just gimme it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!