Spring 2013 Scents

Friday, May 24, 2013



I know, I know, I'm kind of late with this... But I thought, better late than never, right?

Today I'm bringing you a selection of perfumes that are perfect for spring (gosh, sound like an advertisement right there). I picked some of the scents I've found to be most spring appropriate and here they are today. Let's begin!

Burberry Brit - If you like sweet, vanillary fragrances with a citrus undertone, you will love this. Be careful when you're buying it though, there is the EDT and EDP version and they're very different. Here I'm talking about the perfume, not the Eau de toilette. This is perfect if you have skin that just drinks up perfume, because it's quite strong and very longlasting. And it smells amazing with notes of tonka bean and lime. Almonds add a bit of a bitterness, but it's not unpleasant at all. Definitely an amazing scent that I would recommend for everyday usage. I've described this one so many times now I know it by heart! :)

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely - This is appropriate for girls (or guys) who like musky and woodsy scents. It is indeed very very musky. It reminds me of Narcisso Rodriguez's fragrance, the one that comes in an all-black or all-pink packaging. The patchouli is strong with this one. May the patchouli be with you. Luke, I am your father. (Did you know that ACTUALLY, those words are never said in Star Wars. He actually says 'No. I am your father.' Okay, geeky moment over) Sooo, the other very apparent note to my nose is the lavender. There is supposed to be bergamot in there as well, but honestly, I don't smell any citruses, the musk is too strong. The scent may be a bit much for you, but I find it perfect on a cold spring day.

Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur - This one was gifted to me by one of my lovely coworkers at Yves Rocher, Nives. It is very fresh, but kind of sweet at the same time. If I had to guess I'd say this was a floral-fruity blend, but it's actually just floral. The most prominent note is rose and also, patchouli. This is also quite a longlasting perfume, but somehow light at the same time... Might be good if you like inoffensive scents but like them to linger for a while (aka longlasting, but weak sillage). I actually fell in love with this and used it for a few months straight!

Yves Rocher Rose Absolue - My favourite Yves Rocher perfume. It's very, very sweet and smells like rose maramalade, if that even exists. It also has hints of cinnamon in it, in my opinion (but I'm known for smelling notes that aren't even in the perfume). So you will love this if you like sweet scents, like Escada, but even if you don't, give it a try, because it's not sickly sweet at all. It's longevity is average, as well as the sillage, but I still love it. It has its spot among my other favourite perfumes. Perfect for spring, because it smells like rosebuds opening up!

Yves Rocher Comme une Évidence - This one would be perfect for hardcore floral lovers. It also smells of rose, but the note is more subtle and mixed with other flowers as well. It's also not as harsh as Lovely, which is very musky. This has very little musk, so it might be perfect if Lovely is too strong for you! I also really like this for colder spring days and chilly mornings, it really wakes me up and makes me ready for work. The sillage is small, but the longevity is great, this is actually one of the few perfumes that lasts a while on me!

Well, that's it! I tried to pick perfumes that had some variety but are still longlasting. I hope this was helpful. Oh, and by the way, if you want to buy Yves Rocher perfumes and are in Slovenia, the stores opened back up in BTC, and you can also try their local website! :) And no, I am in no way affiliated, since I don't work there anymore - but I liked the scents so much, I stocked up on them!

Share your opinion:

  1. Zanimiva izbira, za vsak nos nekaj:) hehe. Prvič slišim drugače za Yves Rocher. Se ti parfumi dobijo samo v LJ in koliko približno stanejo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, sem hotla vsem ustrežt, pa tut meni odgovarjajo različni vonji. ^^ Drugač si pa lahko vse YR stvari pogledaš na strani http://www.yves-rocher.si/ Majo tut super ugodnosti in darila ob nakupu :) V LJ so pa trgovine v BTC Hala A in Kristalni :) x

      Delete
  2. You featured some eautiful fragrances. Perfumes, body sprays, colognes, etc. are my weakness. I think all women and men should invest in at least 1 good quality fragrance. Have that one quality, classic, fragrance, and then you can play with body sprays and other scents.

    My Aunt loved Chanel 5, my Grandmother's scent was Nina Ricci's L'air du Temps. I will ALWAYS flash back to them when I smell these scents.
    I love Acqua Di Gioia, Poison, Chanel Chance, Angel, Light Blue.
    I also love a few of the fragrances by Paris Hilton. Can-Can is really nice.

    I received a few new ones recently that are PHENOMENAL they are called: Folle De Joie, Annick Goutal, and L'Etrog

    They are PERFECT for summer actually. All of them make me feel as if I am traveling through Europe, sailing on the Caribbean, visiting beautiful exotic places.

    When I need a pick me up I use one of those. I have gotten the most compliments on Folle de Joie however.

    Thank you for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, they are my weakness, too! I love Acqua di Gioia too, I just wore it today! Can Can seems really nice, I've heard good things about it. Thanks for all the recommendations, I will need to test those out at my drugstore :) x

      Delete
  3. Meni je tisti Yves Rocher parfum ki sem ga zadela pri tebi ZELO všeč. Bom definitivno šla še druge povohljat. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, me ful veseli. Meni je bil tist tako všeč, da sem si kupila tavelko flaško. Ti kr dej, ja. ^^ x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!