Brand Spotlight: Balea

Monday, May 13, 2013



Today I'll be talking about one of my favourite drugstore brands that you can get in Slovenia, Balea. It is a brand of the local drugstore, DrogerieMarkt, and I know for sure that you can also get it in Austria and Germany, as well as several different European countries. If it isn't available where you live, I'm so sorry! :( But you could always do a swap or get it on one of your travels... But I will have many more Brand Spotlights coming with different brands that are more widely available.

I gathered a few of my favourites from this brand and today I want to talk to you about them. All in all, this brand is one of my favourites, not only because it is so inexpensive, but also because the products are genuinely good and really do what they say. Their specialty are definitely the amazing scents, which is one of the main resons I love this brand. I would strongly recommend them, especially the ones mentioned here today.

Balea Fig & Chocolate Shower Gel and Body Lotion - I got this shower gel a few months ago, and it is a limited edition, so I do hope it's still available for you to get. The lotion was given to me by lovely fellow blogger Ivana, and I am still so grateful for it. Why do I like it so much? It smells AH-mazing. At first I thought this combination sounded kind of gross, but it's actually great together. To me, it smells more like sour cherries than it does figs, but oh well. There is a certain tartness to the smell, mixed with the sweet scent of chocolate, that makes it the perfect sweet-and-sour combination. A scent that I love, and would even buy a perfume of, if it was available. Both of the products work great as well, they shower gel lathers up very nicely and the body lotion is quite creamy.

Balea Shea Butter & Argan Oil Hand Cream - Another great Balea product. What I love the most about the hand cream is the fact that it has a pump, which comes in really handy! That is actually the reason I bought this product, but I love it for more than just the convenience. It also smells really really wonderful, and it is the perfect amount of moisture for the hands. It's not greasy at all, but instead it absorbs quite quickly and leaves your hands smooth and soft. My mom also has this and loves it, and if I can judge from her nightstand, I know that this has quite a few limited edition. She had both the vanilla and the raspberry one (I'm SO upset I missed those two!) and currently they have another one in store, which is called something like Dark Glamour. And it smells very nice, but quite perfume-y, which I don't like that much, since I'm just staying at home.

Balea Lemongrass & Mint Foot Butter and Foot Deodorant - Okay, okay, I know this is kind of gross, but people, we NEED to talk about this. :D Feet are very important! Summer is coming and I do not want to see untended feet in sandals, so shape up (I should really take my own advice)! I love the smell of these two products again, because here it's quite important. When we're talking about feet, my friend, we need a refreshing scent. Which is exactly what this is. So it's perfect for refreshing your feet and shoes with the deodorant, and the foot butter (disgusting name, I know) is a really amazing product. The smell is so fresh, and the product is perfect for making your feet softer. It doesn't really sink in right away, because it is very rich... But I would still recommend it, because it definitely makes a difference.

Balea Shampoo for Every Day in Raspberry Scent - You guys, this smell is amazing. Yeah yeah, I know I've said this about every product so far, but this really is the best one! The fresh and tart, slightly sour, but still sweet raspberries are wonderful, and the shampoo is great as well. You can use it on an everyday basis and I find that it does a really great job of clarifying the hair. Too bad they don't have more products with this scent, like a shower gel and a conditioner... Maybe in the future, eh? (Trying to sound Canadian there, but I fail like the fool that I am.)

Balea Shower Gel Sweet Wonderland - Yeah, I know I've already mentioned this, but it NEEDS to be mentioned again. Because I think some of you didn't actually jump out of your chair and run out to buy it, and that is BLASPHEMOUS! Because you really do need it. Like yesterday. So again, chocolate pudding-y goodness and amazing creaminess AND bubbles! A must-buy, and it costs something like 1€! Get it OR ELSE! (I will post about this until everyone gets it!! Be afraid, be very afraid!)

Do you like this new series I just started with this post? I thought I could do one on Gliss Kur, Alverde, L'Oréal, Maybelline, MAC... It could be really interesting, so let me know if you'd like to see more. :) By the way, sorry for the long and rambly post! ^^''

Share your opinion:

  1. I LOOOOVE Balea! They sell it in Czech Republic so I always stock up when I get to go home for holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great that you can get it! What's your favourite product from Balea if I may ask? ^^ x

      Delete
  2. Super post! Kar daj še za kakšno znamko :) Balea je res super, meni je trenutno njihova tropska LE zakon, pa krema za telo z vonjem breskev tudi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bom bom :) Jaaa, ta breskev je pa na mojem WL, odkar sem jo vidla na tvojem blogu. Sploh nisem vedla, da jo majo! Tkoda jo moram čimprej dobit. :) x

      Delete
  3. Super post, še več takih :)
    Živa še enkrat ti morem reči hvala za omembo! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pridejo! ^^
      Hihi, veš da ni problema, sm samo izpostavla, kar je res. :) x

      Delete
  4. Ušečn postek, kr še več takih, btw si mogoče na instagramu? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Ja, mam instagram, ampak ga na polno zanemarjam. :P Bom pa zdej probala bit bolj pridna. Je pa nthnfncyrlly, ubistvu ime mojega bloga sam brez samoglasnikov! ^^ x

      Delete
  5. S ta prvim je moja tamala obsedena! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. men so tud balea izdelki fuljkulj! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poceni, dišijo, pa še dobra kvaliteta! What's not to like :P xx

      Delete
  7. Jaz obožujem njihove losjone za roke, so izjemni. Tega sem nekako spregledala, ga moram kupit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ane? Ta je res dober, ker je na pumpico. Ful priročno. :) x

      Delete
  8. Malinino kremo za roke s pumpico se še da dobit, meni NORO diši <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RESNO?! A mogoče veš v kermu DM-ju v LJ? Nujno rabiiiim! x

      Delete
    2. Jaa, res, js sm bla tak vesela... Na Viču, tri so še meli, tak da upam, da te počaka :))

      Delete
    3. Sm zdej tut mami zaslišala in ona tud pravi, da jo je dobila na Viču. Še dobr, da sm tuki doma. :D Bom šla pomoje še ta teden iskat. ^^ Res hvala, da si mi povedala! x

      Delete
  9. :)) No super, upam da jo dobiš, ker res tak božansko diši <333 se morm kr brzdat, da si je ne namažem prevečkrat, ker jo bo še prehiter zmanjkal :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res noro diši! Pomoje si jo bom kr na zalogo kupla, I'm such a hoarder. :P Če ti je všeč moraš probat še šampon. Lasje, dišeči po malinah = <3!

      Delete
  10. Stokrat sem si že rekla, da morem nehat brat bloge, ko sem broke, but I keep doing it :D Se mi že smili moja denarnica, na The Book Depository imam že vsaj 10 knjig nagledanih, tale šampon bo pa tudi moral z mano :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D Sm ti rekla, da je awesome ^^ Kupuješ hardbacke al paperbacke drugač? Kere knjige maš pa na WL? Sej šampon je pa itak sam okrog 1€, tkoda ne bo prevelke luknje v tvoji denarnici. :) x

      Delete
    2. A tak poceni je? :O Paperbacks mam raje, ker so lažje in jih v več v kufer spravim, ko kam grem, pa ti? :) Trenutno na wishlisti: Sweetly, Sisters red, vse tri Hunger games, Hunting and Gathering, Wedding night, Across the universe, The fault in our stars. Pol pa še tri za mamico :D Raje sploh nočem pogledat na tvoj to-read list, ker se mi bo zmešal:D so many books, so little time&money :D

      Delete
    3. Js kupujem zadnje čase hardbacke, ker se ne poškodujejo tok hitro... Mi gre pa nenormalno na živce, da coverja ne naprintajo na knjigo, ampak je tist snemljiv. -.- Aaa, Hunger Games sm si lih naročla, sej nemorm verjet, da še nism prebrala. :O Bom objavla reviewe. ^^ TFiOS je zakon, Across the Universe moram tut js nujno naročit, Wedding Night pa tut. :) Mava podoben okus :)) x

      Delete
  11. Balea for the win! Zdej si me še bolj navdušla, moram sprobat tist losjon za roke!
    Upam, da si fino :).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Res je najboljši! Probi najt tistega z vanilijo al pa malino! :) In enako. xx

      Delete
  12. Ta body lotion (2. iz leve) tako diši, da bi si ga v usta stisnila :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, zmagaš! :D Men tut noro diši, ampak trenutno mi Sweet Wonderland še bolj. PUDING!! :P xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!