An update: Cakes, Fashion Week and Cosmo!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm not going to start this post with a promise to be back, because then Murphy's law will step in for sure... But I do want to say hello to all of you and apologize for my way-too-long absence! :) So, hi!! I missed the blogging world so much and I'm really excited to be writing this looooooooooooong overdue post!

So, first things first, I need to update you on some things. Last time you heard from me, I was working at Yves Rocher, right? Well, unfortunately, I don't have that job anymore. :( The store is closing its doors in Slovenia (or possibly getting a new owner, I'm not sure) and all of us girls who worked there were let go. It was a really really sad moment for me, because you all know how much I loved to work there. It was my first job, and I loved it. The girls who worked there are simply amazing and I already miss them a lot. I will always have fond memories of Yves Rocher and I still love their products! Fortunately, in Slovenia we can still buy them online, so I will stay a loyal customer.

At first I was devastated about losing my job, but something else came along really quickly. I am now an intern at...



Omg whaaaaaaaaaaat? I still can't believe it! Cosmo had a competition to find a new writer and five girls (including yours truly) were chosen to participate. At the start of June, they will pick a winner. I was kind of hesitant about writing this here, because you know I'm pretty shy... But if any of you care, you can read my posts for Cosmo (in Slovenian, sorry!! :/) here: http://www.cosmopolitan.si/novinarka/ziva/. I've quickly come to love working at Cosmo. The girls who were chosen alongside me are all super sweet and I'm glad to be working with them. Also, our bosses are simply amazing. I can't believe I'm so incredibly lucky to work with such amazing people twice in a row, I feel really blessed. ^^

As part of our job at Cosmo, the five of us girls had the opportunity to go to the Ljubljana Fashion Week. Omg, that was one of the best experiences of my lifetime. I loved every moment of it and I wish FW happened every day! Here are two photos from FW with the girls I work with.




Oh yes, you may also notice that I cut my hair! :( Bleh, I'm still kind of upset about it, but it really had to go - it was really damaged and I hadn't cut it for... A YEAR AND A HALF. *gaspshockhorror* I know, I'm so bad with going to the hairdresser's. But now it has already grown a bit and I can't wait for it to be super long again! :)

I've also been really into baking lately. Cooking in general actually, but it's really quite expensive if you want to cook healthy for yourself, so I'm doing bit by bit and hoping to improve soon. I've also been really into vegan food lately (though I'll never go full vegan), but I love their desserts! Here is a vegan cake I made a few days ago, it's made of nuts, dates and cocoa, yummy!


I also realized that I've never even told you about my boyfriend, I just kind of started mentioning him here and there, which has to be quite confusing... Well, his name is Tilen, we've been together for 9 months now and I really couldn't be happier. I will talk about this a bit more in a later post, but I'm a really really shy person and I never had luck with boys... I was always quite upset about this, I would fall in and out of love periodically, and nothing ever happened, I just had these fantasies that never came true. Well today, I'm glad to call my best friend my boyfriend. We started off as friends and our relationship really blossomed into something special, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Everyone knew all along that he was the one for me, but I didn't want to believe it. But now I know, too. And now, for the first time in years, I'm happy, I'm in love, I'm living a fairytale, I'm cheesy as hell, but I don't even care because he's the one for me, and nothing will ever change that.


You know, my life so far seems like it's a fairytale. And I know I'm incredibly blessed, I'm lucky. So many amazing things happened to me and I feel like the fates changed on me and someone is looking out for me (I know who it is, too ^^). But not everything has been that great, and I feel like I have to pay the price for having so many amazing things happen to me...

I've been suffering from depression and panic attacks for almost my whole life and it's been really hard. Lately, I'm feeling better and worse at the same time. I will write more about this in a future post, which will be really personal, so I hope you guys will understand, because I need to get it off my chest. But I know one day I will be okay. I'm almost there.

For now, I will leave you with that. I have a lot of posts coming up, some of them are about books, another empties post (I have like buckets of things to show you guys!) and hauls... A lot of things!

I hope you liked this post, even though it was a bit different. I'm happy I'm here again. :) Talk to you soon!

Share your opinion:

  1. Super post! Pa čeprav te ne poznam, sem vesela zate, job na Cosmotu si pa itak zaslužiš! :)

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, hvala! Sej vem, da se ne poznava, sam js bi te pa prov z veseljem kdaj vidla. I love your blog. *blush* x

      Delete
    2. *double blush back*, hvala in enako :)! Se vidimo dans ;)!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Nazaaaaj si! <3 Ful rada berem tvoje članke na Cosmotu in ful sem vesela da si spet med blogerji. :) Zelo lep post, kot sem ti že rekla. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeej nazaj si :D Super post! Čestitke za Cosmota :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvalaaaaa! ^^ Komi čakam, da se spet lotim pisanja! x

      Delete
  4. Kak fajn da si nazaj, sem pogrešala tvoje objave :) in pa čestitke za cosmo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! <3 Js sm vas VSE pogrešala in se prov bolš počutim, ko sm nazaj! ^^ x

      Delete
  5. Čestitke za cosmo! Fino, da si nazaj :D , se veselim še kakšnega posta (but no pressure ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pressure, mi je v veselje pisat. ^^ Hvala! <3

      Delete
  6. aaand there you are :)) čestitke za cosmopolitan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. zakooon služba! :D lepo da si nazaj, I missed you, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ane?! Js še kr ne verjamem. I missed you too! In zdej ti bom težila, dokler spet ne začneš pisat. :P xxx

      Delete
  8. WB* Članke na Cosmotu pa redno berem :) Držim pesti***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, lepo od tebe *blush* Hvala honey <3

      Delete
  9. super da si se vrnila, zdi se mi tudi zelo pogumno od tebe da bos pisala o tako osebnih stvareh.sem bila pa zdj malo iz sebe da ne bo vec yves rocherja pri nas aaaa....a prav zaprli ste ze? Na internetu bodo iste linije kot v trgovini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala. <3 Se mi zdi, da če bo komu pomagalo, kar sem se jaz naučila iz izkušenj, je moja dolžnost, da pišem o tem. :) Nč skrbet glede Yves Rocher, ne internetu se dobijo iste in celo novejše linije, kot smo jih meli zdej nazadnje v trgovini. Je pa slovenska stran, tko da ni nč carine, davka... Še poštnina je nad določenim zneskom zastonj, majo darila ob nakupu, ful ugodnosti... xx

      Delete
  10. juj supr- sm vidla da si pršla med top 5 in jaaaa čestitke- res, res carsko :) jst sm bla med njihovimi 10 maturantkami in so res krasna ekipa + ful izkušenj si pridobiš, same pozitivne točke torej :) drgač pa wauuu za outfitka na fw, lepa si bla zelo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joooj, hvala! <3 Js sm took vesela. Zate se pa spomnim, da si bla maturantka ja! Hvala tut glede outfitov :$ xxx

      Delete
  11. Se mi je zdel, da si to ti zraven! Čestitam! :)
    Pa welcome back. You have been missed. Upam, da tudi depresijo in anksioznost premagaš, da boš res imela fairytale life. Tudi jaz se z drugo zadevico še vedno ubadam... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, hvala! <3 Ja, sej bo počasi... Upam, da ti bo kej pomagal moj prihajajoči post, mam kr neki nasvetov (čeprov bi blo fajn, če bi jih tut sama začela upoštevat :P) Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  12. O ful dobr, jaz sem se tudi hotla prjavt, sem mela že intervju in vse, pa sem si potem premislila, ker Cosmopolitan ni ravno zame. Sem pa zelo vesela zate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, škoda, da nisi prišla, res je ful fajn :) Hvala, res, mi ful pomenI! <3

      Delete
  13. Dobrodošla nazaj, sem pogrešala tvoje poste! Super za Cosmo, sem že brala tvoje članke- super so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girlfriend, I am JEALOUS with a capital J! You're young, beautiful, classy, talented, I am happy life is going well for you! Embrace it fully, grab it by the horns and NEVER let go, never let anyone get in your way, but about it.
    I know it seems sometimes that the mean girls and back stabbers get successful quickly but they are also the most hated and gossiped about.
    I feel you are NOT a mean girl so I wont preach to the choir (a saying here in the USA that means I wont tell you what you already know to be true)

    I too suffer from panic attacks and depression. Mine began when I was 18. They were SO BAD I missed a lot of wonderful life opportunities. I had to take medicine to get them under control. BUT everyone is different. Do whats best for you :)
    Recently I was able to take a cruise to the Bahamas. It was PHENOMENAL. My panic attacks and social anxiety were under control and I had a beautiful vacation with good friends. It took YEARS to get me here because I was scared and stubborn to get proper care. I dont recommend that route.

    I LOVE Cosmo! I devour it each month as soon as I get it in the mailbox. I was 13 when I first read Cosmo. It was always in my backpack. lolz.

    Congrats on all of your wonderful opportunities! You deserve them! Bless your relationship too. You two look cute as can be together.



    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!