Colleen Hoover - Maybe Someday

Thursday, July 10, 2014




Book posts have been rare and far in between on this blog lately, which doesn't mean I haven't been reading! I guess I just hadn't picked up a book I wanted to share badly - until now. It was only a few days ago that I started reading Colleen Hoover's Maybe Someday, but I finished it today, which is quite strange, since I'm a moderately slow reader. I picked this book up because of reviews on Goodreads and Youtube (mainly Kassidy Voinche's videos), otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it. I'm not the biggest fan of the cover, but I am so glad I gave it a chance - don't judge a book by its cover coming into play for sure.

This book is from the New Adult genre, which I feel like is a relatively new addition to the book world. I for one definitely appreciate it, as I'm 22 (almost 23) myself and sometimes don't feel like reading about 16 year olds! Other books from the genre include hits like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, which is another novel I really want to pick up. But enough of my rambles, let's see what I think of the book ...

Maybe Someday is about Sydney, who, on her birthday, discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her with her best friend. Problem? She lives with said friend. So she finds herself homeless, leaving the apartment with all of her luggage. She doesn't have many friends in the area, but an acquaintance jumps to her aid - her neighbour Ridge, whom she had been watching play his guitar on his balcony for a while. Sydney moves into Ridge's apartment temporarily and they strike up a friendship, but pretty soon, feelings start to appear between them - feelings that really shouldn't be there ...

It may sound completely cheesy, but I intentionally left out some details because I went into this book not knowing anything, and I believe that's how everyone should read it. Let me just say it's hands down my favourite read of 2014. Beautiful, sad, heart wrenching, pulse quickening and butterfly inducing. I'm coining a new term - bookterflies, and I had a major episode of 'em while reading this amazing novel.

I am fangirling at this point, but please, consider picking this one up. It's just so beautiful, and I don't know of a single person who didn't enjoy it (the Goodreads rating is really high as well). I'm also waiting (in)patiently for the 20th when I get my paycheck and I can order every other book this author has written. I'm considering scouring Ebay to see if there are like, napkins she has written something on in restaurants, available for sale. She is a genius. Available on The Book Depository for 10€ with free shipping.

What is your favourite book?

P.S. This happened earlier today ... If I go quiet for a few days, I'm possibly passed out from happiness and someone should tell Tilen.

Share your opinion:

  1. This book sounds really good, and I'm with you on the New Adult genre! I'm a big lover of YA but sometimes the characters are a little young for my liking.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's a really good one so definitely recommend picking it up :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the recommendation, I'll make sure to read it this month


    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review of a Great Book!!! This book made me pick up majority of her others right after too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will be the same for me :)

      Delete
  4. I loved this book as well. I love that I went into it without any previous knowledge of the book. If you do choose to resd her other novels, I highly recommend the Slammed series. She has a fresh voice and her ideas are original and storytelling is AH-MAY-ZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I've heard! Oh and have you seen the new one - Ugly Love? Looks sooooo good!

      Delete
  5. ti maš meni vedno tako lepe slikice :) s katerim programom jih urejaš?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing; I'm going to add this to my to-read's list! I've read Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire, and both were have made it to my favourites list! I highly recommend that you find time in reading these two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, ravno iščem katere knjige bi si lahko potegnila na Kindla, da mi bo na letalu hitreje minil čas. Tale že gre na seznam. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!