What's in my shower - June 2014

Sunday, June 22, 2014



I thought I'd do a quick post today in some bits I've been using in my shower. You've probably seen all of these in my most recent drugstore haul, so if you were interested in how they performed, you've come to the right place.

First we have the Balea Apple Blossom Shower Gel with Oil Pearls. It's basically your run of the mill shower gel with added scrub bits, which are very gentle as they are made with oil. It smells okay, though it is nothing revolutionary. I actually thought this was a shower oil (that's how good my German is), so it was a bit of a mistake buying it, as it is definitely not that. I prefer other Balea shower products, but this will do for now. It does the job, but I don't like floral scents so much - I'm more of a fruity or gourmand girl when it comes to bath products. It is really cheap though, around 1,5€.

Next up, I've started using this Nivea In-Shower Body Milk with the Cocoa & Milk scent. Now this was all the rage in the blogosphere a couple of months (or even a year or so) ago, and I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon. I've wanted to try this product for quite a while, and randomly noticed this scent in my local drugstore, which I hadn't seen before. Gave it a sniff and put it straight in the basket - it really is a keeper. The cocoa milk scent is amazing, very gourmand, very strong. I love it. I do have a problem with this product though, as I thought it just functioned as a shower gel. Nope, you have to use one beforehand, and then use this. It's a bit of a hassle, but I love the scent so much, and I do have to say my skin feels quite nice after using it, so I'm not sorry I got it. Will I repurchase? I don't think so. I'm not sure about the price, but it was a bit more than the shower gels I usually buy. Find it on Salma.

Finally, my hair! John Frieda was on offer, so I got their Brilliant Brunette range, the Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner. I absolutely love the way these products smell. It's the perfect coconut smell - oh, how I wish coconut perfumes actually smelled like this! I absolutely adore it, and it does a great job with my hair as well. Both the shampoo and conditioner make my hair soft and quite shiny, which I really like. I don't like the packaging too much though, because the product puts pressure on the bottle and as soon as you open it, it starts pouring out like crazy. Price was around 6€ for each.

What have you been using in the shower - any favourites?
Click 'read more' for Slovenian version.



Današnja objava bo na hitro govorila o izdelkih v moji prhi. Verjetno ste že vse videli v moji nakupovalni objavi, danes pa sledijo hitre ocene.

Začnimo z Balea Apple Blossom Shower Gel with Oil Pearls. Gre za tuš gel z malimi oljnimi kroglicami, ki naj bi delovale kot piling, čeprav so za moj okus preveč nežne. Diši lepo, nežno cvetlično in malo sadno. Najprej sem mislila, da je izdelek olje za tuširanje, tako da je bil nakup pravzaprav napaka - še vedno si želim preizkusiti kakšno olje za tuširanje! Cena je ugodna - okrog 1,5€.

Po tem tuš gelu uporabljam  Nivea In-Shower Body Milk with the Cocoa & Milk scent, v katerega sem se zaljubila že v trgovini. Vonj je res enkraten, zelo mlečen in 'gourmand', kakav ni grenek, temveč prijetno sladek. Moti me edino to, da gela ne morem uporabljati samega, temveč moram predhodno uporabiti gel za prhanje. Je pa še vedno krasen izdelek, ki resnično dobro navlaži mojo kožo in bi ga res priporočila. Najdete ga lahko na strani Salma.

Zdaj pa še lasje ... Zadnje čase uporabljam linijo Brilliant Brunette znamke John Frieda. Uporabljam balzam in šampon, saj sta bila v moji drogeriji znižana. Dišita res omamno, po kokosu - res si želim, da bi parfumi s kokosom dišali takole! Tudi na laseh deluje dobro, edino, kar mi ni všeč je to, da se oba izdelka zelo polivata. Cena je okrog 6€ za vsakega.

Kaj pa ti trenutno uporabljaš pod tušem?

Share your opinion:

  1. The balea shower gel looks really pretty! I always want stuff that's not available in the UK :( booo. xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but you have so many brands I can't get ahold of! :) x

      Delete
  2. Ko se bila še rjavolaska (kakšna 2-3 leta nazaj), sem tudi uporabljala to linijo Brilliant brunette. Sprva sem bila zadovoljna, čez nekaj mesec pa je bila katastrofa. Čisto uničeni lasje, izpadali so mi šopi las... V trenutku sem vse proč vrgla, nabavila nekaj drugega in stanje se je kar hitro popravilo. Od takrat naprej več ne maram te znamke. Upam, da sem bila le izjema in da se to pri tebi ne bo zgodilo. Če si zadovoljna - super! Želela sem samo deliti svojo izkušnjo:)

    Crayons and Beads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O joj! Sama še nisem opazila česa podobnega, bom pa definitivno pozorna. Sicer ga ne mislim redno uporabljat, samo da tole porabim ... Upam da bo ok. Meni znamka drugače res odgovarja, mislim, da so pa tudi spremenili formule večine izdelkov ... Hvala ti za skrb :) x

      Delete
  3. I've been loving Aussie's moisture range lately, my hair feels so satisfied! I really want to try out Balea products but even though I live in Europe it's not available here... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I had an Aussie mask, though I wasn't that impressed ... Where do you live hon? You could always try doing a swap :) x

      Delete
  4. imam tale in shower in je res super izdelek. :) mi je pa bolj všeč njihov v modri embalaži, nekako boljši je še. :))

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je tale všeč zaradi posebnega vonja, modrega še nisem povohala :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is stunning! Really enjoying reading it. I love Brilliant Brunnette shampoos and conditioners!

    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!