Snack idea - coconut & oats cookies

Monday, May 26, 2014



I haven't posted a recipe in absolute ages! This one comes from the beautiful blog Two Peas and their Pod which I absolutely love - I've made a few of their recipes and they were all lovely. Last week I tried my hand at these coconut oatmeal cookies, though I changed the recipe a bit. You can see the original on their blog, but here is my version.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups flour
1 sachet of baking powder
1 vanilla sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut

Instructions

Basically, I just mixed up all of the ingredients, I'm too impatient to do it all separately, but it came out fine. Then, I scooped the cookies up in my hands, made little discs (I like them a bit imperfect) and put them on a sheet of lining paper on a baking tray. I put them in the oven for around 20 minutes with the temperature at 175°. Waited for them to cool & served with some nectarines and a glass of milk.

If you compare the two recipes, you'll see I drastically changed the amount of sugar, as the original recipe calls for 2 cups and I only used a half of a cup. This happened by mistake (obvi), but I loved that the cookies were less sweet. I'd also love to experiment with using whole wheat flour in this recipe, though I'm not sure how it would come out. You can sweeten them with a bit of honey or agave as well, and serve them with jam!

Would you like to see more recipes on this blog?
Click 'read more' for Slovenian version.


Recepta nisem objavila že celo večnost, zato pa imam danes po dolgem času enega za odlične piškote. Prihaja z bloga  Two Peas and their Pod, sama pa sem ga čisto malo priredila - po nesreči, seveda. Originalen recept si lahko ogledate  tukaj.

Sestavine

2 1/2 skodelici moke
1 vrečka pecilnega praška
1 vrečka vanilijevega sladkorja
1/2 skodelice rjavega sladkorja
2 jajci
1 skodelica kokosovega olja
1 skodelica ovsenih kosmičev
1 skodelica ribanega kokosa (ne moke)

Navodila

Sama sem v veliki skledi zmešala vse sestavine, nato pa v rokah oblikovala kroglice iz testa in jih stisnila, da je nastal ploščat krog. Pečico sem ogrla na 175°, pekač obložila s peki papirjem in piškote pekla kakšnih 20 minut. Treba je počakati, da se ohladijo, drugače se med jemanjem s pladnja lahko odlomijo!

Če primerjate recepta boste opazili, da sem precej zmanjšala količino sladkorja, saj originalni recept uporablja kar 2 skodelici. Seveda se je to zgodilo popolnoma ponesreči, ker nisem bila dovolj pozorna, ampak mi je bil rezultat zelo všeč, saj sama ne maram preveč sladkih sladic. Postrežete jih lahko z marmelado.

Bi na blogu radi videli še več receptov?

Share your opinion:

  1. I love coconut so these sound right up my street!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sooo good! Let me know if you try them dear :)

      Delete
  2. they look absolutely delicious! (: its cool that you serve them with nectarines - have not heard of that! will try it though! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I just like nectarines as a snack, and they're seasonal so I try to have a lot in the summer! :)

      Delete
  3. I may have to try this recipe! They look delicious

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tole morem probat, zgleda ful yummy. Verjetno bi bla kokosova moka tut ok, namesto koksa. Bom poskusila, ko bo čas, s polnozrnato moko, pa sporočim!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz ne bi dala kokosove moke, so mi bolj všeč s tem naribanim kokosom, ker da več teksture in okusa. :) Le javi. ;)

      Delete
  5. Kokos:) Si že dajem pod zaznamke:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bom definitivno sprobala! Hvala za recept :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tole bo pa definitvno potrebno preizkusit :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!