FOTD: No Makeup Makeup

Saturday, February 1, 2014




Two things inspired me recently. The first was Nuša's post on her Face Of The Day (which you can see here) and the second was a Youtube video by the lovely Gabby (watch it here). After watching that video, I had a sudden craving for the No-Makeup-Makeup, a look I hadn't worn since high school. These days I'm all about the eyeliner and Pepta-bright lips. So I thought I'd change it up a little for today and did a really natural look (is it just me or do these natural makeup looks really require the most products).

I started off with Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation (which I have in the second lightest shade and it's too dark for me unfortunately), then I changed it up for my cheeks. I used this really old Essence Marble Mania blush, which I love because it adds a beautiful sheen. Then I highlighted with MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle, just along my cheekbones. For my eyes, I just used mascara - Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp to add some length and Essence I <3 Extreme for volume. As far as eyebrows go, instead of using an eyeshadow, I went for a brow pencil by Catrice. And for my lips I struggled a bit, since all of my lip products are statement colors, haha! So I ended up using Dior Iconic lipstick in Diorkiss, and over the top I applied Catrice Lip & Cheek Stain.

I have to say I'm absolutely in love with this look as it's such a nice change to my routine, though I definitely feel a teensy bit naked without my eyeliner and bright lipstick!

Share your opinion:

  1. You're still pretty without the eyeliner and bright lipstick. You definitely look fresh and vibrant in this photo. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Ming, I was a bit nervous posting it! :) x

      Delete
    2. Don't be. I love that look. :) Kudos for letting your natural beauty shine through. :D

      Delete
  2. Leeepa! :) Pa ta torbica je super cute... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks flawless!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelo lepa makeup:) Ja tak po navadi zahteva res veliko izdelkov:) Težko je izgledat naraven - ironija:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so lovely!

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meni je dejansko ul bolj všeč brez eyelinerja :D ti paše tak look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reees, js sm tko navajena na eyeliner da ga kar moram met. :D Pa hvala x

      Delete
  7. This is such a pretty look and will be great for the warmer months to come!
    I have just found your blog from a comment on mine,
    your blog is beautiful and your photography is stunning!
    Rachel
    Joy&

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do tend to wear something similar when it's hot outside! :) Ah, and thank so much for the follow <3

      Delete
  8. Gosh, your blog is so cute! I love that Rimmel foundation. And I just ordered the Yves Rocher mascara, so now I'm really excited to get it! :)

    Got yourself a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Madeline thank you so much, means the world to me! <3

      Delete
  9. You look so lovely and fresh and I adore your make up bag! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! My mom got the bag for me :) x

      Delete
  10. Ful lepo, nekaj takega js vsak dan nosim :) Pa blush izgleda krasno!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love a natural look like this!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it as well on others, feels a bit strange when I wear it :) x

      Delete
  12. I really want to try soft and gentle, I have the mac MSF in lightscapade and I love it! Lovely blog, now following you on bloglovin :)

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow! <3 Soft and Gentle is indeed beautiful x

      Delete
  13. Zelo všečno, predvsem zato ker zgleda tako naravno.. :) res ti paše! :)**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!